Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Been comparing Jan race to todays I was 23 secs quicker while not feeling I put as much effort in despite pushing more watts fitness gains beginning to kick in ,
Set a new pr on the climb 1st lap and Andy still got away ,didn't want to chase back on and drag David back to him so just set a steady tempo matching Andy and no more , Just before the climb 2nd lap Steven caught us from behind I presume he'd had a technical issue but I feared he would close the gap to Andy , I managed to gap David on the climb and was thankful for Stevens pulls to keep me away and roll in for 3rd . Another good high tempo work out ,3.4w/kg average
Reminder your gravel bikes next week 😁

alex_cycles

Veteran

Nice to see it from your side. I blew just before we got to the top of the second corkscrew climb.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Been comparing Jan race to todays I was 23 secs quicker while not feeling I put as much effort in despite pushing more watts fitness gains beginning to kick in ,
Set a new pr on the climb 1st lap and Andy still got away ,didn't want to chase back on and drag David back to him so just set a steady tempo matching Andy and no more , Just before the climb 2nd lap Steven caught us from behind I presume he'd had a technical issue but I feared he would close the gap to Andy , I managed to gap David on the climb and was thankful for Stevens pulls to keep me away and roll in for 3rd . Another good high tempo work out ,3.4w/kg average
Reminder your gravel bikes next week 😁

Stephen was ill last week and hasn't fully got his form back. He couldn't hold on up the first climb.

Full Friday Smash League results for March 2024
Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 12.37.30.png

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
That was tough. I found it difficult to shake off Paul and the other guy.

I was hoping you're going to bridge across at the end, @bridgy. I think you would have smashed him in a sprint.

I was trying! In hindsight was a mistake to let him get that much of a gap - plus I thought I could use you to bridge to him but you jumped across with a big sprint so I couldn't hold your wheel

alex_cycles

Veteran
I was trying! In hindsight was a mistake to let him get that much of a gap - plus I thought I could use you to bridge to him but you jumped across with a big sprint so I couldn't hold your wheel

He played it cleverly since you were his only real opponent. I was already 30+ seconds up on my opponent and Peter won his race before it started. If we'd have all responded quickly he wouldn't have got away, but that was the genius of his timing. Having already done some efforts I was ready to recover a bit :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
Josiah the other guy has got his fitness back the last time he rode a Friday smash I out sprinted him for last place today he's bossing it at the front , his streams up on YouTube search Crohn's cyclist

alex_cycles

Veteran
Josiah the other guy has got his fitness back the last time he rode a Friday smash I out sprinted him for last place today he's bossing it at the front , his streams up on YouTube search Crohn's cyclist

Don't be fooled. He's only halfway back. He's very talented, but has been very ill. He's also doing the Chasing Classics in the morning slot and it's been interesting that I can hang with the A/B group a bit longer than him on the punchy climbs, but he usually gets back to me a bit later on. (But he's competing in Emerald/Sapphire, so not against me :laugh:).

bridgy

Legendary Member
He played it cleverly since you were his only real opponent. I was already 30+ seconds up on my opponent and Peter won his race before it started. If we'd have all responded quickly he wouldn't have got away, but that was the genius of his timing. Having already done some efforts I was ready to recover a bit :laugh:

Yeah I'm not saying I could have beaten him but to be quite honest I hadn't really thought about the categories and that I was up against him in particular - I might have tried to follow him if I had. Fair play though, he went really hard for a long time!

alex_cycles

Veteran
Yeah I'm not saying I could have beaten him but to be quite honest I hadn't really thought about the categories and that I was up against him in particular - I might have tried to follow him if I had. Fair play though, he went really hard for a long time!

Yeah I blew my weebles keeping up with you guys. Don't think I could have helped much at that point :laugh:
It was great timing of the attack.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I believe he knew the climb was a piece of cake for him, just motor'd away.

Thankfully with those numbers, he will be back in B in no time :biggrin:

Oy you. We don't use ABCD in the Smash. :laugh: I have seen Bs in Gold.
But he did turn Platinum today so likely won't be troubling you in the Gold/Silver pen next month. He'll have to ride Amethyst/Platinum - unless we change things about a bit. I have considered mixing it up a bit, maybe Sapphire/Amethyst and Platinum/Gold, but not got far with that. I would have to do it for the whole month though, so as not to mess up the League. (I'll probably leave it as it is though)

Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 18.34.36.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom