Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'd say "bring it on" but the fact is I'll be dropped at the first iteration of the Leg Snapper (if not before). I've only once cracked 85 seconds on that segment, whereas most of the people signed up for tomorrow have a PR of sub-60.

If I can hang on to someone over the 'snapper I fancy my chances, but if I get dropped into no man's land, I'll be riding with the autobus for sure.

I'm hoping for a 65 ish seconds climb, but that might be a little optimistic.

JuhaL

Guru
I set yesterday my Zwift subscription to summer break. I still have Rouvy and Tacx training app when indoor rides are needed.

alex_cycles

Veteran
First half of Achterbahn in DRS this morning. Smashed a new 20m PR of 250W (3.78 W/kg).
But then after the descent I found myself with 5km to go and I had 13s on three guys behind from TBR. Figured I'd let them catch then try to draft them on the sprint. Honestly it was like hiring Michael Morków. Best leadout train ever...

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/4IHsx5E5-To?si=UKsKKkNwFsyYtNTe&t=2820

bridgy

Legendary Member
First half of Achterbahn in DRS this morning. Smashed a new 20m PR of 250W (3.78 W/kg).
But then after the descent I found myself with 5km to go and I had 13s on three guys behind from TBR. Figured I'd let them catch then try to draft them on the sprint. Honestly it was like hiring Michael Morków. Best leadout train ever...

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/4IHsx5E5-To?si=UKsKKkNwFsyYtNTe&t=2820

Nice one Alex - I watched some of your live feed earlier in between work distractions!

I'm a bit nervous about this one - can't remember the last time I did a race with a 20 minute climb so I don't really know how I'll cope. My 20 minute power on ZP is 3.74w/kg but I don't know how accurate that is. But it's definitely low compared to most of the others signed up for my race.

That said, I don't think there's really any other way to race it than to go as hard as possible up the KOM and see where that leaves me for the run in to the finish.

Hopefully I've fixed the loose crank properly so no repeat of last week's disaster!

alex_cycles

Veteran
Nice one Alex - I watched some of your live feed earlier in between work distractions!

I'm a bit nervous about this one - can't remember the last time I did a race with a 20 minute climb so I don't really know how I'll cope. My 20 minute power on ZP is 3.74w/kg but I don't know how accurate that is. But it's definitely low compared to most of the others signed up for my race.

That said, I don't think there's really any other way to race it than to go as hard as possible up the KOM and see where that leaves me for the run in to the finish.

Hopefully I've fixed the loose crank properly so no repeat of last week's disaster!

Yeah I had great plans of a 245W steady effort, but once there are people to chase, all that goes out the window :laugh:
Bit frustrating to be 5s out of the points, but I made up for it on the sprint. (Trying to secure the overall sprint jersey for the 3 seasons).

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah I had great plans of a 245W steady effort, but once there are people to chase, all that goes out the window :laugh:
Bit frustrating to be 5s out of the points, but I made up for it on the sprint. (Trying to secure the overall sprint jersey for the 3 seasons).

I see Josiah (Crohn's Cyclist on Youtube) who has been beating me in the Friday Cyclopothy Smash races did the KOM in his race in 17:09 at 300w which is 5w/kg :notworthy:

Still only good enough for second in his race though!

alex_cycles

Veteran
I see Josiah (Crohn's Cyclist on Youtube) who has been beating me in the Friday Cyclopothy Smash races did the KOM in his race in 17:09 at 300w which is 5w/kg :notworthy:

Still only good enough for second in his race though!

He's returning to form after a lengthy break. He did well in the Chasing tour race on Sunday (won it). It's good to see him coming back. He's probably be back in A/Ruby in a month or two.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@mjd1988, planning to do the TdS this evening?

Any other A/B riders?

I see these signed up ...

Me
You
Andy
Mike
Steve

So you and Mike thrashing it out at the front whilst the three of us Cs fight for the final podium spot.

mjd1988

Guru
Nice one @Peter Salt . Burnt my matches staying with you once, I'll be interested to see what my 30 second power was just to keep up on legsnapper. Your attacks from a standing start are fierce, I suspected you would go again from where you did but I just knew I was toast, then it was a tussle for podium spots when @CXRAndy caught me

steverob

Guru
Just the Queen Stage left to go...

1713289767626.png

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Nice one @Peter Salt . Burnt my matches staying with you once, I'll be interested to see what my 30 second power was just to keep up on legsnapper. Your attacks from a standing start are fierce, I suspected you would go again from where you did but I just knew I was toast, then it was a tussle for podium spots when @CXRAndy caught me

I wanted the pace to be strong before the the first climb, trusting it would put Carl/Steve in the red zone. I was gob smacked how fast Pete/Michael disappeared up the climb. Then Carl caught me two thirds the way up. It was then I closed my eyes and just powered for as long as possible. The elastic had snapped

I thought you were waiting up for me Michael. I knew you would drop me once we got to the leg snapper.

The little extra speed was welcome to extend the gap to Carl/Steve .

I'm hoping my new freeware screen recorder has done a decent job it's rendering at the moment

Thanks everyone for taking part 👍

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Apologies, Michael. There was just one way I could win that sprint to the finish - by not letting it be a sprint to the finish :laugh: I was absolutely on the limit when I dropped you.

Nice race Everyone. Great series, @steverob :becool:

Top Bottom