Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I've got an account set up for my son. If I remember correctly, it's free of charge until his 14 or 15. For such a small child/bike/wheels you'll be limited to a 'wheel-on' trainer. I got a used Elite Qubo for mine and that proved very flexible across different wheel sizes.

The free account lasts until he turns 16, after that he gets 25 km free per month - like everyone else.
My son (who turned 16 last November) uses indieVelo instead, if the 25 km has been used on Z.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Quite happy with my race in the fact that I beat Andy my main rival ,but can't help thinking I let a potential win ride off up the road when Micheal went with Alex on the 2nd lap ,I was hoping Andy would chase it down ,not sure he was thinking the same as me and waiting for me to chase it .Just about covered all of Andy attacks was one the edge a couple of times was expecting one last big downhill attack as I didn't think Andy would want the hill to decide it which is more favourable to me

I took was on the edge, let Alex et.al get a gap , which should have only happened on lap 3. Just not as sharp today

All to play for next week :okay:

alex_cycles

Veteran
@alex_cycles caught a bit of your recording of your cyclopathy race on Friday - that FTS widget you've got for sauce seems pretty useful!

Yeah that's part of the Zenmaster mod. Segment multi-lap. Gives you FAL or FTS results for individual laps (useful for DRS, which does FTS differently from ZRL). I was testing it yesterday for the upcoming week 6 of DRS where we have 2 races with multiple laps and FTS segments.

13 rider

Guru
A bit of relief for how can I say this , more gravitational challenged riders racing Tuesday night ,This lightweight won't be on the start line a chance for a few days away in the Peaks has opened up so I'm away
Many thanks to Steve for organising the series and apologies for only making 2 rounds if I commit to something I like to see it through . A bit gutted that finally a course that's suits my profile and a chance to inflict a bit of hurt on my fellow Ccers will be given a miss ,

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Signed up for La Reine tonight of pain
It's tomorrow.

Anyone else up for it and not signed up yet? Shall we tag everyone again, just in case they missed this wonderful event?

steverob

Guru
Anyone else up for it and not signed up yet? Shall we tag everyone again, just in case they missed this wonderful event?
I think that might be a very good idea. Might be a tempting course for some here to do just as a one-off.

As a note, the breakdown of the course is essentially 5 miles of undulating / flat terrain, followed by 1.7 miles on the Petit KOM (3.9% avg) and finally 1.5 miles on the lower slopes of Ventoux (4.8% avg).

What is interesting is that Zwifterbikes.com rates the Tron as being a better option than a lightweight bike/wheels combo given the climbing doesn't really start until you're more than 60% into the course - what time you lose on the hills, you gain more than that on the flats. Don't know that I'll be following that advice, but it is something to consider.

Did I mention that I was strongly considering switching off drafting for this round...? :evil: :tongue:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think that might be a very good idea. Might be a tempting course for some here to do just as a one-off.

As a note, the breakdown of the course is essentially 5 miles of undulating / flat terrain, followed by 1.7 miles on the Petit KOM (3.9% avg) and finally 1.5 miles on the lower slopes of Ventoux (4.8% avg).

What is interesting is that Zwifterbikes.com rates the Tron as being a better option than a lightweight bike/wheels combo given the climbing doesn't really start until you're more than 60% into the course - what time you lose on the hills, you gain more than that on the flats. Don't know that I'll be following that advice, but it is something to consider.

Did I mention that I was strongly considering switching off drafting for this round...? :evil: :tongue:

I'm going lightweight purely because that's where I will 100% get dropped - as soon as the road goes up. And the road has an up at 1.5 miles through the twisty section. I expect to lose Pete and any Bs there, but I need all help I can get to hang on to what's left of the group of Cs.

I dipped into 82kg THursday, so was hoping I could drop my weight on Zwift, but I've been stubbonly around the 83kg mark since (I may have eaten and drank too much over the birthday weekend)

I have a feeling you and I Steve will be battling it out for last position again this week unless we can encourage some Ds to join :B)

Top Bottom