Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
I’ve added a bunch of segments / routes to the http://segmentchallenge.com setup for us.

There are 10 in all, unfortunately they can’t overlap, so the current stage runs until the end of Dec then I’ve varied them to different lengths, usually a week, but some are two weeks. There are a mix of routes, hills, rolling, one sprint. If you don’t like the mix let me know and I’ll delete and start again. None are in Richmond.

When you take a look, you will note there is a leaderboard (empty at the moment), you get points for placing s in the segments. You must ride the segment in the time allocated, it wont use past results.

I’ll try and remember to post in here when a new segment starts.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Volcano Kom,. Arrrgh 7.39.7.

Darren still KOM:notworthy:

I got this shirt:biggrin:
20171221_095159.jpg

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just so my small brain has this right...

How we doing this? Pick a few segments each month. Race the hell out of them. New ones the following month? Or something else?

kipster

Guru
Just so my small brain has this right...

How we doing this? Pick a few segments each month. Race the hell out of them. New ones the following month? Or something else?
On the Segment Challege I have just done some segments previously mentioned, they are time bound but cant overlap. So one ends and another starts. There are a mix of segments, some are full laps, some are just segments. They are not monthly mainly a fortnight at the most, some are a few days (the sprint segment). Like I said in the post above I’m happy to change, delete etc.. I didn’t put a lot of thought, time or effort into it, so happy to ditch and start again. I think it just makes it easier to track, it doesn’t rely, as strava does, on the best time done several months ago. It’s a little like the old Bkool races in that sense, except we’re not all there together.

kipster

Guru
Having seen the leaderboard, I don't think I'll be joining this challenge - I'd need to improve my time on the Volcano KOM by two and a half minutes just to place NOT last!
Use it as a motivator, no one is judging anyone, we’ve all be last at some point, I know I have, but having a bit of competition is helpful. Also there are 42 people in the strava club, but only 14 have done the segment this month.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
On the Segment Challege I have just done some segments previously mentioned, they are time bound but cant overlap. So one ends and another starts. There are a mix of segments, some are full laps, some are just segments. They are not monthly mainly a fortnight at the most, some are a few days (the sprint segment). Like I said in the post above I’m happy to change, delete etc.. I didn’t put a lot of thought, time or effort into it, so happy to ditch and start again. I think it just makes it easier to track, it doesn’t rely, as strava does, on the best time done several months ago. It’s a little like the old Bkool races in that sense, except we’re not all there together.

I like the idea. How are we going to know when a segments about to end?

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think, in my little head at least, there is room for confusion over which segments we are going for under which heading, either those set up by Andy or the segment challenge. Is there a way to combine them? should we be looking at an excel spreadsheet with them listed and we put our times in? Leave as is?

We should be racing:okay:

Actually, ignore me. Probably good to ignore old times. Kipster, can you do a ride in a future scheduled segment and have the time show? Say if i do road to ruins saturday am?

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
I think, in my little head at least, there is room for confusion over which segments we are going for under which heading, either those set up by Andy or the segment challenge. Is there a way to combine them? should we be looking at an excel spreadsheet with them listed and we put our times in? Leave as is?

We should be racing:okay:

Actually, ignore me. Probably good to ignore old times. Kipster, can you do a ride in a future scheduled segment and have the time show? Say if i do road to ruins saturday am?
No, you have to ride it in the time windowed for the segment. I’ll publish the list on here later or you can see the dates on segmentchallenge.com like I said happy to get views and redo it, or happy for someone else to put something together (who knows the segments much better than me). I just chose the verified segments off of zwiftinsider

bobinski

Legendary Member
No, you have to ride it in the time windowed for the segment. I’ll publish the list on here later or you can see the dates on segmentchallenge.com like I said happy to get views and redo it, or happy for someone else to put something together (who knows the segments much better than me). I just chose the verified segments off of zwiftinsider

I thought so Kipster but wondered if you could open up the times to allow a go at each segment from now really?

Top Bottom