Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
We need to all race it together. Some of you - not you Norry, they know who they are- are sauntering around to the volcano, bimbling even, and then putting in an all out effort. Hardly seems in the spirit of things :whistle::tongue:
Kiss 2nd birthday W8 race tomorrow at 8. I have a 1000+m to climb tonight but may Rule 5 it and race tomorrow. Great prizes. Group 4 for me at 42-03m. Anyone else?

Actually need to check what W8 to take the groupings from- it could be the pier and cannot pull it up on my phone. All on Kiss website
Isn't the challenge about volcano KoM so it seems perfectly reasonable to saunter to the base then give it everything to get the best time. Otherwise why not make the challenge the whole volcano circuit.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I cannot believe you guys are biting :tongue:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I had a bash at the Volcano KOM yesterday. I'm now 9th in our league 7 seconds behind Bobinski

It is all pretty close in there so will have to have another go soon!

Well I had another go this evening. I bailed at 7 minutes where I was averaging 6 watts more than yesterday. Unfortunately I am a weak man and gave up at that point. . Oh well, next time.

kipster

Guru
Well my attempt was a disaster, in fact the whole ride was! The resistance wasn't changing on the Snap, but it was recording watts appropriate to my effort, plodding along until what I though was the start of the climb, big effort for nearly 3 minutes until I realised it hadn't started yet (it was the Volcano circuit not the climb :-( ) then I got on the climb and put an effort in, wasn't too bad considering (8:23 or 8:25 depending on which segment it is) but feel I could've got under 8 minutes if I hadn't wasted effort a bit earlier, then plodded around until I did an hour. Now I've got to have another go!

@CXRAndy what's the name of the segment you screenshotted above?

kipster

Guru
Well my attempt was a disaster, in fact the whole ride was! The resistance wasn't changing on the Snap, but it was recording watts appropriate to my effort, plodding along until what I though was the start of the climb, big effort for nearly 3 minutes until I realised it hadn't started yet (it was the Volcano circuit not the climb :-( ) then I got on the climb and put an effort in, wasn't too bad considering (8:23 or 8:25 depending on which segment it is) but feel I could've got under 8 minutes if I hadn't wasted effort a bit earlier, then plodded around until I did an hour. Now I've got to have another go!

Don't worry, I found it, I've slotted nicely into 3rd on that list, again more to give.

Breedon

Legendary Member

Volcano KOM same as me kip 8.23

Last edited:

darrensmith0410

Had a great race today in MGR Road to Ruins :smile: I manage to stay with the main pack, even though it did eventually whittle down to 4/5 riders. There were a number who climbed ever so strongly, broke away and stayed out front. Results are being compiled, I came mid group B
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=33058&sid=c8aa3da2dfc75d4038e07172b18b8686
New race ftp, nearing my training ftp :biggrin:
Darren, I've knocked you from the top spot :tongue:https://www.strava.com/activities/1319414527/segments/32658762387

Saying that Dave R is second and did the ride whilst unwell-according to his strava post-Gulp!

There was a chap with us today, he was blisteringly fast. Norbert Popovic(60+), turns out he has 8 Austrian national TT championship titles:notworthy: a blur as he came flying passed:laugh: @391W. Even quicker than Tim Cartwright!

See Bob there is hope for you oldies :biggrin:

Andy what segment are using for Road to Ruins, according to the Zwift blog (now Zwift Insider) segment, I'm still 1st?

upload_2017-12-20_20-37-16.png

Top Bottom