Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Welcome Michael :okay:

maxap

I'll let you know next year. I'm doing the Marmotte route on tour :smile:

I rode the Marmotte last year and coming down the Galibier the brakes were in heavy use. Scary though due to icy rain, - could hardly brake as I was shivering so much. A friend bombed down the same route in the dry and hardly used his brakes

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had a great race today in MGR Road to Ruins :smile: I manage to stay with the main pack, even though it did eventually whittle down to 4/5 riders. There were a number who climbed ever so strongly, broke away and stayed out front. Results are being compiled, I came mid group B
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=33058&sid=c8aa3da2dfc75d4038e07172b18b8686
New race ftp, nearing my training ftp :biggrin:
Darren, I've knocked you from the top spot :tongue:https://www.strava.com/activities/1319414527/segments/32658762387

Saying that Dave R is second and did the ride whilst unwell-according to his strava post-Gulp!

There was a chap with us today, he was blisteringly fast. Norbert Popovic(60+), turns out he has 8 Austrian national TT championship titles:notworthy: a blur as he came flying passed:laugh: @391W. Even quicker than Tim Cartwright!

See Bob there is hope for you oldies :biggrin:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think the difference with irl is you don't break in Zwift. Ever tried that coming down something like Alps d'huez?
IRL I'm a right wuss when it comes to descending ..... anything above 30mph and I'm on my breaks. I'd need to replace my brake blocks a couple of times on a real life descent of d'huez :wacko:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
IRL I'm a right wuss when it comes to descending ..... anything above 30mph and I'm on my breaks. I'd need to replace my brake blocks a couple of times on a real life descent of d'huez :wacko:
I'm normally pretty quick descending, I once did 9Km in 6 minutes ( Down the Feldberg) :eek: Going down the steep side of one of the local hills I got really hacked off at the guy in a white fucus who I caught and just couldn't pass as he was hogging the middle of the road ... at 45 mph!!

OTOH going down Great Dun Fell (Less bends, zero traffic) I was on the brakes all the way down the 18-20% stuff, the minute you eased up the speed shot up. I had so much cramp in my hands from clenching the levers, and the strain on the shoulders was immense. It may have only been a couple of miles but by the time I got to the last gate, where it shallows out, I was praying for it to end ... I know wimp!:blush::blush::blush:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just applied for the Strava group - afternoon off today, so may have a bash at the Three Sisters. I've done it once before, but opted out of the Tower Climb!!

Michael, what is your Strava name? @kipster will add you to the Cyclechat club

bobinski

Legendary Member
I had a bash at the Volcano KOM yesterday. I'm now 9th in our league 7 seconds behind Bobinski

It is all pretty close in there so will have to have another go soon!

We need to all race it together. Some of you - not you Norry, they know who they are- are sauntering around to the volcano, bimbling even, and then putting in an all out effort. Hardly seems in the spirit of things :whistle::tongue:
Kiss 2nd birthday W8 race tomorrow at 8. I have a 1000+m to climb tonight but may Rule 5 it and race tomorrow. Great prizes. Group 4 for me at 42-03m. Anyone else?

Actually need to check what W8 to take the groupings from- it could be the pier and cannot pull it up on my phone. All on Kiss website

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
We need to all race it together. Some of you - not you Norry, they know who they are- are sauntering around to the volcano, bimbling even, and then putting in an all out effort. Hardly seems in the spirit of things :whistle::tongue:

You can hardly blame any of us who complete the volcano circuit.
Screenshot_20171220-171421.jpg
:okay:

Top Bottom