Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ryan lawman

Über Member
officially gave up the challenge today - i wasnt going to ride on back roads in that ice ! tomorrow is suppose to be bad so i aint gonna bother - yet another challenge not completed this year :sad:
Me 2 its snowed here for 2 days without stopping ( there was about 70 cm on my Car this evening ) need not risk our lifes for a strava Challenge . Or its supposed to clear Up on saturday . 220 in 2 days would be asking to much in such cold Temperature .

Ryan lawman

Über Member
Nice time there on the London pretzel segment Dave . I really tryed hard on this one yesterday .even when I am trying to build my body mass for longer races and am now 3 kg above the weight I was 3 month ago I dropped 10 minutes on u . Respect ..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

uclown2002

Guru
Nice time there on the London pretzel segment Dave . I really tryed hard on this one yesterday .even when I am trying to build my body mass for longer races and am now 3 kg above the weight I was 3 month ago I dropped 10 minutes on u . Respect ..
Thanks Ryan. That's still a good time and if solo very impressive.
My time was set in KISS Americas 100km race (2 x London Pretzel) which is always a brutal affair. I stayed in front group until shelled on Fox Hill but group must have been fairly quick up until then.
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=29272
https://www.strava.com/activities/1291739615
Look at fella who 'won' and his power numbers :-) He has been called out about his 'set-up' and got a few later DQ for a while I recall. Now racing in Cat B but something still not right.

Last edited:

Ryan lawman

Über Member
Thanks Ryan. That's still a good time and if solo very impressive.
My time was set in KISS Americas 100km race (2 x London Pretzel) which is always a brutal affair. I stayed in front group until shelled on Fox Hill but group must have been fairly quick up until then.
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=29272
https://www.strava.com/activities/1291739615
Look at fella who 'won' and his power numbers :-) He has been called out about his 'set-up' and got a few later DQ for a while I recall. Now racing in Cat B but something still not right.
He also had lots of Christmas turkey and stuffing at the start of the month gained 7 kg in a few days lol . but I am not one to judge people I do not know . He says he has tablets for low heart rate and is using a power meter .

uclown2002

Guru
He also had lots of Christmas turkey and stuffing at the start of the month gained 7 kg in a few days lol . but I am not one to judge people I do not know . He says he has tablets for low heart rate and is using a power meter .
I'm happy to judge someone who can put on 368 watts for 2 hrs 37 mins, and destroy some very strong and credible racers. Notwithstanding his sudden weight gain (to go unnoticed?) he was a mid Cat B in November before his sudden transformation.

uclown2002

Guru
The guy that finished second in that 100km has also been DQ a number of times for breaching the 5w/kg threshold on a tacx genius. He was convinced his zwift numbers were consistent with his quarq power numbers on his outside bike. he was reluctant to use his expensive outside bike on his turbo but he did once or twice to test and he was satisfied with what he saw. He has since bought a Tacx Neo and guess what? Huge power drop and an elevated heart rate. I don't think for one minute he was intentionally cheating but another example of a poor set up. Bear in mind he claimed he did regular and proper calibrations on his genius but numbers were clearly off.

Ryan lawman

Über Member
The guy that finished second in that 100km has also been DQ a number of times for breaching the 5w/kg threshold on a tacx genius. He was convinced his zwift numbers were consistent with his quarq power numbers on his outside bike. he was reluctant to use his expensive outside bike on his turbo but he did once or twice to test and he was satisfied with what he saw. He has since bought a Tacx Neo and guess what? Huge power drop and an elevated heart rate. I don't think for one minute he was intentionally cheating but another example of a poor set up. Bear in mind he claimed he did regular and proper calibrations on his genius but numbers were clearly off.
And 3rd was only 53 kg lol

kipster

Guru
so results are in for the first segment

Rank
Name Points
1 Darren Smith 15
2 Andy CXR 12
3 lee marshall 10
4 Smoffy LBHIFI WBR(B) 8
5 m axap 6
6 Thomas Burton 5
7 Dean Hallam 4
7 Paul Tatam 4
9 robert dynowski 3
10 Martin Norris 2
11 paul bridgman 1

Good work all, especially Darren, Andy and Lee on the podium places.

Box Hill segment is now live for 18 days

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Rank
Name Points
1 Darren Smith 15
2 Andy CXR 12
3 lee marshall 10
4 Smoffy LBHIFI WBR(B) 8
5 m axap 6
6 Thomas Burton 5
7 Dean Hallam 4
7 Paul Tatam 4
9 robert dynowski 3
10 Martin Norris 2
11 paul bridgman 1

Good work all, especially Darren, Andy ad Lee on the podium places.

:hyper:. I'll have a go later in the week at Boxhill

bobinski

Legendary Member

Rank
Name Points
1 Darren Smith 15
2 Andy CXR 12
3 lee marshall 10
4 Smoffy LBHIFI WBR(B) 8
5 m axap 6
6 Thomas Burton 5
7 Dean Hallam 4
7 Paul Tatam 4
9 robert dynowski 3
10 Martin Norris 2
11 paul bridgman 1

Good work all, especially Darren, Andy and Lee on the podium places.

Yay! Top 10^_^

Top Bottom