1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by CXRAndy, 8 Dec 2017.

1. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

i should think anything goes - you only have 1 power up at best and don't think it would make a vast difference

2. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

what segment is this ?

3. kipster

kipster Veteran

That was the Volcano KOM (Zwift Insider verified)

berty bassett likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Power ups don't last long enough other than tiny Sprints, but anything goes, race time, solo, or power up :smile:

5. kipster

kipster Veteran

6. bobinski

bobinski Guru

I am not racing tonight. I have decided another days rest is probably good for me. At my age recovery is as important as participation :biggrin:

Breedon, CXRAndy and berty bassett like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Probably right Bob, just got my arse handed to me in the 2 lap volcano course.

I did knock Darren off the top spot, but it cost me on the second lap

8. kipster

kipster Veteran

Good call I think, I'm trying the same to get rid of the last of the man flu.

bobinski likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

New PB for Boxhill, nearly had your (bkool enhanced) time Bob :tongue: Might have another go if there is time, still lower fitness than pre Xmas.

https://segmentchallenge.com/stages/box-hill-kom-zwift-insider-verified/leaderboards

4 days left to get a time in :boxing:

Last edited: 15 Jan 2018
  10. kipster

kipster Veteran

I'm planning a recovery ride with a single blast attempt up Box Hill tonight. I dont think i'll get a pb and my legs are feeling tied after battling a brutal headwind on Saturday.

CXRAndy, LBHIFI and bobinski like this.
  11. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Funnily enough was going to have a go tonight but have to go to a meeting. Would have been a nice warm up with Pack sub2 and then a 8 min sprint. Non bkool best is i think 8-23 a week or so ago. Suits you perfectly. 4% is as good as flat:tongue:

CXRAndy likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

:reading:

It was max 179/180 HR effort, I just felt a little under powered. I might need to get back into gym, which I haven't done since Xmas

bobinski likes this.
  13. kipster

kipster Veteran

I managed to knock 2 seconds of my PB up Box Hill (7:34), HR peaked at 190, averaging 185, average 322w, almost vomit inducing, and all for 2 measly seconds.

And I had an aero powerup that I thought I'd use at the top, but forgot

Last edited: 15 Jan 2018
    uclown2002, Whorty, bobinski and 2 others like this.
  14. Breedon

Breedon Veteran

Best time is when Pack do there social rides there so strung out there would be a line of riders from bottom to the top, use a power up and blast a way

kipster likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

I didn't go that deep Paul, but I did need a few seconds to recover so I could go onto the top. Cracking effort.:okay: