Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Andy, Love to join you but I am working . Shame- I really enjoy those rides. I will likely do the chain gang ride later for the mileage but a big climb or 2 on Sunday morning.
Rode alone in Richmond and the Watopia to get some climbing meters and ended up with Pb’s and a jersey. It’s sooo much harder on your own. Races from now on^_^

Last edited:

darrensmith0410

Quite pleased with the best time for 3 Sisters! :training:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
If I get my act together and Time it right then I can use the ride to finally get the Tron bike. 10,000m to go...
Paul's idea re-picking a loop or race to improve segment is a very good strategy. The ride could be done with a few CC members or within a race or even solo if members cant get to the allotted times.

Shall I put forward the 3 sisters for the course this month( pre Christmas) to improve or get a time- not many of us have done it. I know I took it more of a recovery ride.??

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just had a really good ride with Zsun. It started with a very sedate warm up for a few minutes, the pace gradually picked up to a zone 2 on the flats. I was freezing with the fans on, so much I had a top on to keep warm. We hit Boxhill, the call came for 3W/Kg, I was about 20 or so from the pack so decided to up my effort and see if I could end up near the front by time we crested. My effort was hard but measured, my HR gradually crept up. By time I hit the marker I had done Boxhill in 8.30!! at 334W. 2nd loop I held back and did 9.59, then 9.01, 9.01 and finally 9.29

The Zsun club ride was scheduled for 2hr30. But when I finished it, I wanted 1000m climbing, so carried on, then 100km was close, I continued, then 3 hours was ever so close, so :biggrin:

The odd thing is Zsun doesn't provide segments within the ride. I know put in a couple of decent efforts, Boxhill and a1000W sprint inside the tunnel. I'll have to highlight manually:angry:

Manually, I did 9.55 from the bottom of Boxhill to the crest just before the decent, very pleased with sub 10mins

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just had a really good ride with Zsun. It started with a very sedate warm up for a few minutes, the pace gradually picked up to a zone 2 on the flats. I was freezing with the fans on, so much I had a top on to keep warm. We hit Boxhill, the call came for 3W/Kg, I was about 20 or so from the pack so decided to up my effort and see if I could end up near the front by time we crested. My effort was hard but measured, my HR gradually crept up. By time I hit the marker I had done Boxhill in 8.30!! at 334W. 2nd loop I held back and did 9.59, then 9.01, 9.01 and finally 9.29

The Zsun club ride was scheduled for 2hr30. But when I finished it, I wanted 1000m climbing, so carried on, then 100km was close, I continued, then 3 hours was ever so close, so :biggrin:

The odd thing is Zsun doesn't provide segments within the ride. I know put in a couple of decent efforts, Boxhill and a1000W sprint inside the tunnel. I'll have to highlight manually:angry:

Manually, I did 9.55 from the bottom of Boxhill to the crest just before the decent, very pleased with sub 10mins

Nice HR there Andy.
The segments do normally populate. Certainly shouldn’t have anything to do with ride settings.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Probably a bad idea after racing yesterday, but I'm planning to do the P Race at 3pm today. 31 miles.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I will leave you guys to set some times while I chase the Tron bike.
I think there may be a 3 sisters Efondo coming up so one to keep an eye out for and a possible group ride/race

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I can’t link to it from my phone by called fox top box top

I think a combination of milk float and Pauls suggestions are a good way forward
For Fox top Box top you climb up Fox Hill, down the other side to the bottom of Box Hill, hit the down arrow on your PC keyboard, then climb back up Box Hill. I do this a bit in order to get climbing in when on London map as there aren't enough mountains to climb otherwise.

Top Bottom