Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
And there was me thinking you had linked to the wheels on eBay :sad:

I'm looking at some Hunts as well, but as a general replacement/upgrade for the Giant PR2's that came with the bike 2 1/2 years ago, nothing expensive though

I got them from Stores.ebay.co.uk/tri-sport-resort which appears to be wiggles eBay outlet.

kipster

Guru
I too finance all the families bikes including the £500 bike i got for my 12y old in October that he has almost grown out of in 6 months:eek: 6 inches in 6 months:angry:

I got my son a specialized allez in size 58 as he had some more growing to do, only he decided to stop and would've been better on a 56. Oh well shorter stem and zero set back seat post it was then.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
And there was me thinking you had linked to the wheels on eBay :sad:

I'm looking at some Hunts as well, but as a general replacement/upgrade for the Giant PR2's that came with the bike 2 1/2 years ago, nothing expensive though

I think you were unlucky with the zondas Kip, or maybe I’ve just been very lucky. I’ve had the same set on my commuter for 5 or 6 years I think. To be honest though thinking about it I think I’ll replace them with something a little cheaper when I replace them too. Have they shot up in price in the last year? I don’t remember them being anywhere near £280

kipster

Guru
I think you were unlucky with the zondas Kip, or maybe I’ve just been very lucky. I’ve had the same set on my commuter for 5 or 6 years I think. To be honest though thinking about it I think I’ll replace them with something a little cheaper when I replace them too. Have they shot up in price in the last year? I don’t remember them being anywhere near £280

I can't remember what I paid for them, £250 or £280, the c17 versions are £320 most places. A lot of cr@p on the roads and two wet winters have concaved the front rim pretty badly, although since I changed the brake blocks they haven't got any worse so I think the old brake blocks turned into sandpaper with all the muck. When cleaning the bike on Saturday I noticed a tiny (really tiny) amount of play in the freehub.

JuhaL

Guru
Actually i had a artificial headwind effect in first 2 indoor session today. I was wondering why pedaling feels heavy. Not surprised any more, rear wheel wasn't straight, it was rubbing against brakepad :blush:.

kipster

Guru
Let us know how you get on please mate
Part one complete (on the front wheel). Valve installed and managed to get the tyre to seal on the rim just using the track pump. The tyres are schwalbe pro one tl easy. I've left the tyre pumped up while I cook tea, I'll then let the tyre down and put the sealant in through the valve.

kipster

Guru
So front tyre all done, no issues , really easy. Rear tyre not so easy. I got the tyre to mount but it hadn't 'popped' onto the rim like the first so took the psi up to the max for the tyre and bang. Wasn't sure what went pop so checked tyre over, all good, valve working well. Took me a while to find it, but the rim tape blew threw at a spoke hole. Patched up with gorilla tape and tube back in, new tape on order and will try again Wednesday (riding tomorrow evening).

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Gonna give it a go
Got some Hutchinson tyres and sealant coming
Only thing that I did read was the sealant goes off after a while and needs re doing - not sure if that means taking off cleaning and redoing or what

kipster

Guru
Gonna give it a go
Got some Hutchinson tyres and sealant coming
Only thing that I did read was the sealant goes off after a while and needs re doing - not sure if that means taking off cleaning and redoing or what

I think you can top up. The orange seal stuff I'm using comes with a dip stick to check the level of sealant left.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Lee, I top up every 3-6 months depending on use- so, not since last October. I will likley top up before going out into the real world this weekend. I will also top up just before Pyrenees and bring some sealant with me for the trip just in case.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Lee, I top up every 3-6 months depending on use- so, not since last October. I will likley top up before going out into the real world this weekend. I will also top up just before Pyrenees and bring some sealant with me for the trip just in case.
if you keep topping up - does the tyre just get heavier and heavier ? its all about weight you know !
down london today ! i know the places not to go - but whats a good one to go ? maybe a bit different , not night time as watching jethro tull :biggrin:

CXRAndy

Guru
if you keep topping up - does the tyre just get heavier and heavier ? its all about weight you know !
down london today ! i know the places not to go - but whats a good one to go ? maybe a bit different , not night time as watching jethro tull :biggrin:

If you put in 75mil the tyre will probably wear out before you need to top it up.

Top Bottom