Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Berty what time and which station are you coming in from? Is it you and your better half?
Mmaybe head to Waterloo station and then from there go to the south bank. You been on the London eye? Lots of other stuff down there too. I wouldn’t bother with the aquarium. But the festival hall normally has stuff on. And if you walk east along the river front there’s lots of places to eat. Or can walk all the way to London Bridge from there which is quite nice and a bit historical.
I see the gig is at the royal Albert hall. Spending on how much walking you want to do... you can take a train from London Bridge to Knightsbridge. Let the missus do a bit of window shopping people watching in Knightsbridge. Then head to Hyde park which is just behind knightsbridge. From there you can walk though the park to the royal Albert hall. It’s a lovely park and you can treat your wife to an ice cream! One of my favourite places to listen to music. The acoustics are ace.

Or you could ditch the missus in Burger King and come and do some laps of the park with me! :highfive:

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Berty what time and which station are you coming in from? Is it you and your better half?
Mmaybe head to Waterloo station and then from there go to the south bank. You been on the London eye? Lots of other stuff down there too. I wouldn’t bother with the aquarium. But the festival hall normally has stuff on. And if you walk east along the river front there’s lots of places to eat. Or can walk all the way to London Bridge from there which is quite nice and a bit historical.
I see the gig is at the royal Albert hall. Spending on how much walking you want to do... you can take a train from London Bridge to Knightsbridge. Let the missus do a bit of window shopping people watching in Knightsbridge. Then head to Hyde park which is just behind knightsbridge. From there you can walk though the park to the royal Albert hall. It’s a lovely park and you can treat your wife to an ice cream! One of my favourite places to listen to music. The acoustics are ace.

Or you could ditch the missus in Burger King and come and do some laps of the park with me! :highfive:
Never taking missus again after she moaned at me singing along to the who quadrophenia tour ! Me and me lad are coming down st pancreas
Was thinking of the Rapha shop that’s down somewhere near there - that’s clothes shopping done ! ^_^:blush:
Gonna spend most the time walking as you see more out and about
Last time we walked up the river from tower to Westminster where we went in the Churchill rooms as he likes that sort of thing and it was good I must admit
Then back up pall mall and back to the station - bloody miles :cry:on dodgy knees
Thanks for the reply and I will keep an eye out for a shiny blue bike with a flagpole instead of a seat post ! I won’t be able to fit bike in me rucksack or I would have tried to keep up with you but the thought of riding through London gives me the jitters. I don’t even like crossing the road
Never been any of the museum s around there so if weather is pants I might try and find one

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-17_7-49-12.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-17_7-49-12.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 44

bobinski

Legendary Member
if you keep topping up - does the tyre just get heavier and heavier ? its all about weight you know !
down london today ! i know the places not to go - but whats a good one to go ? maybe a bit different , not night time as watching jethro tull :biggrin:

Anywhere in SoHo mate, especially Old Compton st:okay:

If you going to Rapha store the one in soho is good though eye watering prices for food. Often have sale stuff.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Lee, I top up every 3-6 months depending on use- so, not since last October. I will likley top up before going out into the real world this weekend. I will also top up just before Pyrenees and bring some sealant with me for the trip just in case.

What you got planned this weekend Bob?

bobinski

Legendary Member
What you got planned this weekend Bob?

The wind in my hair, the whirr of wheels on smooth tarmac...

CXRAndy

Guru
You would need a big jump in Watts/Kg to make minutes worth of improvement. My best effort climbing W/kg is around 3.3-3.5, which will knock 3-5mins off.

Top Bottom