Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sit on mower and still takes 2 hours :eek:. How big is your lawn? Sound like it'd rival the Oval :surrender:
Used to take over 4 hours with my old mower that collected grass ... my new one mulches only so much quicker :laugh: Garden in total about 1.8 acres, but grass area probably only 1.3 acres as we have a small lake at the bottom of the garden, and a small wood area to the side. It's the kind of house you can buy when you sell your London flat and move to a Wiltshire village :biggrin:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
it was like being on holiday I'm ok with the heat its the cold that gets me anyhow I cant go out irl as wife works 530 to 10 and I'm on babysitting duties
How did you find this stage? I was expecting to take close to 1hr 30 mins but you did it in 1hr 16 mins so I'm now hoping I can do it in something similar.

rob01792

Über Member
it was good stage not to hard big climb then a long decent to recover I seen the time u put down I had to go and check cos it didn't seam that long at all went by quickly so it must have been enjoyable

JLaw

Veteran
How did you find this stage? I was expecting to take close to 1hr 30 mins but you did it in 1hr 16 mins so I'm now hoping I can do it in something similar.
I clocked in around 1:12. The bulk of the ride is the climb up the reverse epic KOM and the tower. Otherwise it's flat.

I'm dreading the pretzel on Sunday.

bobinski

Legendary Member
just made mistake of having a go at stage 6 on the 10am ride. missed the 8am due to work. Loft simply too hot. HR 155plus almost from the start with kom and tower to come. I normally ride them at 150 ish. Breathing and sweating like the proverbial pig.So bailed at 9km. Then rejoined to ride the tower with Andy.
legs goodish and new 20m peak so only 20w below best-getting there.

CXRAndy

Guru
Struggled with legs today after T T yesterday. I had all the wndows open in the conservatory, chilled drinks to help keep cool. Glad it's out of the way, rest for a few days.

I spotted you at the start Bob, you flew off up the hill, I thought you would either pop or smash a great time.:okay:

@Whorty 1:04:35. Stage 6

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Struggled with legs today after T T yesterday. I had all the wndows open in the conservatory, chilled drinks to help keep cool. Glad it's out of the way, rest for a few days.

I spotted you at the start Bob, you flew off up the hill, I thought you would either pop or smash a great time.:okay:

Did you see my messages and me drop back in for the tower climb?
HR strangely at 148 just before start and far too high on the run in to the climb especially given pace wasn’t that hot. I felt Like a caged hare my legs wanting to push on but hr telling me to ease back a little. It began to mess with my head a bit hence the bail. It’s at 48 now as I sit in the sun typing this.
Real life rides take priority over next few day s so I may end up cramming a lot of Tour rides in at end of next week.
Forgot, I flew off coz there was a zsun rider who is or was about same level of fitness back in jan. I reckon he is a fair bit stronger now.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
I didn't see any messages mate. No I lost your name at the start of the climb from the board and never saw it again. I struggled but surprisingly set a whole set of PBs up the mountain and down to the finish. Youll have to work hard to get the better of my reverse pretzel time :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I didn't see any messages mate. No I lost your name at the start of the climb from the board and never saw it again. I struggled but surprisingly set a whole set of PBs up the mountain and down to the finish. Youll have to work hard to get the better of my reverse pretzel time :biggrin:

You have the companion app? I was pacing you up the tower!! You were 2.8-3.2 and I was trying to get you to ride at 3.4. I then dropped down with you with a few uphill sprints. Oh well. Another guy was responding to my messages as well!

Strong pb’s there. I am hoping my legs are not far off my strongest and that my heart and lungs can keep up. PB’s today for me on bits of the kom today are promising. That reverse pretzel time is looking a bit shaky from here :tongue:

Top Bottom