Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
do you ever just sit behind gently humming the Jaws tune :laugh:, then go into stealth mode and zip past saying morning and pretending your not putting effort in ?
i know its not the done thing to say morning - or any other word really , to fellow londoners
odd bunch ! i don't know how you all ever bonk anyone ! - i had to get my lad to talk to me just to reassure myself i wasn't a ghost :biggrin:

We’re just more evolved down here mate. We’ve moved past the spoken language. We now communicate through a combination of grunts and sneers. Some of my neighbours seem particularly adept at it :crazy:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I'd take it if it wasn't so far away, too much postage. I'm after a good stepper motor and control screw for mine. I've got some feelers out to try an reproduce the screw on mine but not having much luck at the moment. I'm trying to find a way to reproduce it for others that may have had the same issue

TB why are you trying to keep the classic going considering you now have a top spec Trainer with reliable power numbers.

Just get rid :okay:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
We’re just more evolved down here mate. We’ve moved past the spoken language. We now communicate through a combination of grunts and sneers. Some of my neighbours seem particularly adept at it :crazy:
i thought i had gave an old man a heart attack when i said "after you sir" on the tube - he looked at us like we were the artful dodger and oliver !
last time we were down there we walked up from tower bridge to westminster - this time we went the other way but on the other side - it was lovely
went in the clink museum what was an interesting read - dont think i would have enjoyed being locked up in there !
day before we walked from st pancreas to piccadilly ,there to westminster then to west kensinton and then back to albert hall -- i was jiggered

CXRAndy

Guru
I just thought I would repeat how a lightweight type riders are overall superior to the rest of us, Well done Lee :okay:
The purple line is me falling further behind in time

Berty plot.png

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
i thought i had gave an old man a heart attack when i said "after you sir" on the tube - he looked at us like we were the artful dodger and oliver !
last time we were down there we walked up from tower bridge to westminster - this time we went the other way but on the other side - it was lovely
went in the clink museum what was an interesting read - dont think i would have enjoyed being locked up in there !
day before we walked from st pancreas to piccadilly ,there to westminster then to west kensinton and then back to albert hall -- i was jiggered
Walking is def the way to see central London. Too many tourists just jump on the tube and miss so much. On a pleasant day, nothing beats exploring London on foot! Ok, maybe by bike too :tongue:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I just thought I would repeat how a lightweight type riders are overall superior to the rest of us, Well done Lee :okay:
The purple line is me falling further behind in time

View attachment 405247
My power ave power on stage 6 was almost the same as @berty bassett but he beat me by 9 minutes over an hour and a bit course. That extra 20 kilos is so significant on the hills. Maybe I should go on the Zwift diet and lose 20 kg for stage 7 ;)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

It’s still one of my favourite parts of London Berty. We used to cycle up to the south bank from Peckham as kids on our bmx. It was a little bit less polished back then but it’s just a very nice place to spend some time I think. The fact there is great music and art venues there too mean you can always discover something new.
I often fantasise about living somewhere else completely different, but I think I’d always need a place in London too. Sounds like you wore out the soles on your shoes the amount of walking you did! Did you stay awake for the concert?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
When is everybody doing last stage ?

Top Bottom