Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I did a BRVR session yesterday. The power readings from the Kickr (displayed in BRVR) and the Vectors (displayed on an edge device) were within 5 watts of ech other (165 ish watts on the session average). There is a marked difference in feel when riding a workout on bkool and riding a normal session, bkool or BRVR. I'll be doing a workout session, as well as a normal session, again tonight. I let you know my thoughts after I've done then.

CXRAndy

Guru
Rocker/Wobble Turbo Board built :smile:

20180409_134807.jpg
20180409_130029.jpg
20180409_131729.jpg

Just need to test it now, minor adjustments and alterations.

Race it in anger^_^

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Rocker/Wobble Turbo Board built :smile:

View attachment 403645 View attachment 403646 View attachment 403647

Just need to test it now, minor adjustments and alterations.

Race it in anger^_^

You could test it at 6pm today?

I will be riding at 6 but not racing. I may not even finish it. I want to be able to have a proper crack at it tomorrow.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just noticed that without moderation TdW results are even crazier. You don't have to ride actual stage 3 to accomplished that. Watopia flat will do that https://www.strava.com/activities/1498400796
I don't think the fact that's on Strava means it's registered as completing stage 3 on Zwift. That guy could have just started the stage and bailed out of doing the whole thing - Zwift would still give it that name. Or he could have just named a random ride as that for some reason?

JuhaL

Guru
I don't think the fact that's on Strava means it's registered as completing stage 3 on Zwift. That guy could have just started the stage and bailed out of doing the whole thing - Zwift would still give it that name. Or he could have just named a random ride as that for some reason?
Anyway that result was in zwifpower site in stage 3 results.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Anyway that result was in zwifpower site in stage 3 results.
Ah OK - well he must have started the event but not completed it. I don't think it will count as it won't register on Zwift as him having completed the event. Zwiftpower have said they're not filtering out the results in any way so any rider who starts the even probably ends up on the results list whether they complete it or not

CXRAndy

Guru
Part names and numbers and a supplier would be useful @CXRAndy :okay::okay:

2 sheets 800*600mm 18mm thick ply(might need bigger depending on turbo)

4* pillow bearings 20mm
https://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Pillow-Blocks/UCP204-Medway-20mm-Pillow-Block-Bearing-1778-p

20mm bar(local blacksmith)

bolts, nuts and washers. selection of wood screws.

Off cuts of 10mm thick ply and 5mm ply.

edit, I've added some 5mm spacers to take up the free wobble and place tennis balls under tension

I used 10mm bolts with countersunk Allen heads 45-50mm in length

Attachments

• 20180409_162942.jpg
    20180409_162942.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
Ah OK - well he must have started the event but not completed it. I don't think it will count as it won't register on Zwift as him having completed the event. Zwiftpower have said they're not filtering out the results in any way so any rider who starts the even probably ends up on the results list whether they complete it or not
I am just a honest man who comes confusion about such a things :blush:

Top Bottom