Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Zwiftpower FB page;
There are over 200 individual events in the Tour of Watopia with an estimated 100,000+ finishers.

It is not a race and there is no moderator for the "results" on ZwiftPower. Everything is automated and as such many riders were being disqualified based on standard rules (winners not registered, 5min power too high, prior suspensions etc).

Both Zwift and ZwiftPower were being inundated with queries regarding these results, so the initial decision was taken to remove the events entirely.

The Tour of Watopia has now been setup with all filtering disabled to reflect its status as NOT A RACE.

100,000 finishers?!?
What's that work out as then .... about 15,000 individuals in total(or are they saying there are 100,000 individuals, but that doesn't sound right)? Be interesting to know how many individuals complete all 7 stages. Definitely a good move by Zwift to organise this - my only 2 complaints are .... 1) the rides should be on closed roads 2) some of the stage are too close together (stage 3, 4, 5 are all on consecutive days but there is a big gap between stage 2 and 3). Minor points and I'm enjoying the challenge :okay: Not been on Bkool at all now for about 3 weeks :ph34r:

CXRAndy

Guru
It's a shame the AAAC bill Peter didn't have a go, even on the bkool pro units,. They would of enjoyed the spectacle I think:hello:

bobinski

Legendary Member
It's a shame the AAAC bill Peter didn't have a go, even on the bkool pro units,. They would of enjoyed the spectacle I think:hello:

I agree. But I also think until Zwift offer an easy way to arrange group rides for a greater number of groups it will be tricky to attract them. Now, a cyclechat pretzel race would surely attract them.

CXRAndy

Guru
I agree. But I also think until Zwift offer an easy way to arrange group rides for a greater number of groups it will be tricky to attract them. Now, a cyclechat pretzel race would surely attract them.

I don't believe they need to have a clear circuit not to come on and have a few goes. Tour of Watopia is ideal series to have a go at

bobinski

Legendary Member
I don't believe they need to have a clear circuit not to come on and have a few goes. Tour of Watopia is ideal series to have a go at

They may need the familiarity of easily seen and recognised names. A bit like walking into a pub and seeing ya mates sat at a table in the corner bemoaning the quality of the beer but still drinking it. Carl’s doing a good job of letting them know Zwift is a safe place to be and they know he likes his beers so hopefully we will see them sooner ^_^

berty bassett

Legendary Member
going over some of Aaacs comments i don't think it will be long before he trys it out - especially if his frankenturbo packs up for good

Norry1

Legendary Member
Can't do Monday so planning to ride it Tuesday at 6

I'll aim for that one as well.

CXRAndy

Guru
Not riding today/tonight, aching muscles from outdoor ride yesterday, Besides I need to completely clean my bike again after yesterdays homage Roubaix home run. Sagan didn't have to deal with potholes big as caves, rivers of mud. They swept their roads :cursing:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Not riding today/tonight, aching muscles from outdoor ride yesterday, Besides I need to completely clean my bike again after yesterdays homage Roubaix home run. Sagan didn't have to deal with potholes big as caves, rivers of mud. They swept their roads :cursing:

Did you not see the potholes he was expertly steering around?

I am on holiday from Wednesday morning so will need to ride today and tomorrow. Knee really tricky yesterday
so had to bail a few rides but will aim for a F and Brim ride at 6 or 8 tonight if anyone interested in joining.

CXRAndy

Guru
Did you not see the potholes he was expertly steering around?

I am on holiday from Wednesday morning so will need to ride today and tomorrow. Knee really tricky yesterday
so had to bail a few rides but will aim for a F and Brim ride at 6 or 8 tonight if anyone interested in joining.

A missing cobble stone doesn't constitute a pothole :tongue:

Dont talk to me about knees, my left knee under the knee cap has began to ache whilst powering along :cursing:

Have good holiday:hello:

Top Bottom