Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
2 sheets 800*600mm 18mm thick ply(might need bigger depending on turbo)

4* pillow bearings 20mm
https://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Pillow-Blocks/UCP204-Medway-20mm-Pillow-Block-Bearing-1778-p

20mm bar(local blacksmith)

bolts, nuts and washers. selection of wood screws.

Off cuts of 10mm thick ply and 5mm ply.

edit, I've added some 5mm spacers to take up the free wobble and place tennis balls under tension

I used 10mm bolts with countersunk Allen heads 45-50mm in length
when is the first test ride ?

CXRAndy

Guru
when is the first test ride ?

I might pop in for the ToW at 6pm, not riding hard tonight, (yeah right) . I'll ride for 30mins just to ease legs.

CXRAndy

Guru
Rocker board test, felt fine, maybe if a little odd after riding a static frame for so long. I also tried standing up and though there was more rocking motion it didn't feel unstable .

View: https://youtu.be/tq0xk1jepD4

A full on sprint at some point will happen .but for now, I'm pleased with the cheap construction adding that outdoor feel indoors, I bailed on the Alp ride on first corner 21. At least I know it's going to be a slog.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Rocker board test, felt fine, maybe if a little odd after riding a static frame for so long. I also tried standing up and though there was more rocking motion it didn't feel unstable .

View: https://youtu.be/tq0xk1jepD4

A full on sprint at some point will happen .but for now, I'm pleased with the cheap construction adding that outdoor feel indoors, I bailed on the Alp ride on first corner 21. At least I know it's going to be a slog.

I can see now why you were struggling to keep up:tongue:

Not that i lasted. PB's most of way to Alp keeping Lee just in front and trying not to over shoot. Hit the climb and left thigh cramped up. WTF! Spinning now to loosen it up so back for a full ride tomorrow night.

Andy, that looks really good. Less movement than i expected but perhaps it needs to loosen up?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I just need to let my balls soften :eek:

:laugh:

It has just a gentle rocking motion, very much outdoor riding. Standing up obviously has more sway, but again better than static. I just need to get use to it now
Cheaper balls may be a bit softer :blink:. You could try tuning the rocker with mix of different hardness balls :huh:

:laugh:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I think chad said the cheaper balls are better as there not as firm

rob01792

Über Member
Bloody hell I was slow but I gave it my best shot the decent was boring
Does anyone else get the stage results come up and when u click on ok it won't go off screen seams to freeze

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I think chad said the cheaper balls are better as there not as firm
I've just priced the main components on eBay and its coming in at just over £40 - no screws or Plywood though, but does include 15 used tennis balls for £8! ... This is tempting.

How do you solve the issue of the riser block for the front wheel??

bobinski

Legendary Member
37B9E6DB-ABA5-49A1-B518-66DA9DFE8A2B.jpeg
25913F7F-0F9B-4D09-8234-79A49D71DC6D.jpeg

Top Bottom