Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
@Whorty

Stage 2 done today - 4 pm session

51:29 (373rd place)

43.00 for me @Whorty (from Zwiftpower)

I don't know about not being a race - that was the hardest ride on Zwift for a good while! I thought it was going to be relatively flat!! Average HR 172 and max 182 says it all :heat:

Stage 2 JuhaL 46:55 from zwiftpower.

Also from memory @kipster did 44.22 stage 2

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Really? Darn, eyeing up cheap flights to Nice leaving Tuesday and returning Sunday. Anyone recommend anywhere to stay in or around Nice? ^_^
when younger i hitchhiked down to south france and worked along the coast half way down as was yugoslavia
one job was selling doughnuts on a nudist beach - not as good as it sounds
seemed like everyone was over 60 and when your on commission you soon find out that nudists have no pockets with money in !

bridgy

Legendary Member
Oh yeah - wonder why that might be? Because it's "not a race" perhaps!

I guess we'll have to use Strava results instead if we're all on Strava? - stage 2 had a segment for pretty much the whole route (even though the time differed a bit from what was initially on Zwiftpower)

kipster

Guru
That could be a good point. I don't think "it's not a race" a reason because zwiftpower release results of workout sessions as well.
Rumour has it that zwift asked them to remove the result, which if true is a bit rubbish as zwift have no mechanism to view standings after the event.

CXRAndy

Guru
Oh yeah - wonder why that might be? Because it's "not a race" perhaps!

Zwift run it like a race giving a current position during the event, which has been to me a little incentive to push a bit more. If they wanted a sportive then no timing or positions should be displayed

Zwift has told Zwiftpower to not display results:evil:

But you can see stage 2, 8pm and 10pm from last night

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180405-120136.jpg
    Screenshot_20180405-120136.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20180405-122858.jpg
    Screenshot_20180405-122858.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
Rumour has it that zwift asked them to remove the result, which if true is a bit rubbish as zwift have no mechanism to view standings after the event.
I sended email to Zwift earlier today and i ask if they know any reason why the results are gone. We'll see if they bother to answer that.

Top Bottom