England : West Yorkshire 100 mile fixed ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Just a toe in the water to see if there would be any takers for a 100 mile fixed ride out of Leeds sometime in the new year.
I've not done any planning yet regarding a possible route or anything like that but if interest is shown I'll do a bit of work.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
No. But if it was a geared ride (and my fitness allowing) I could interested.

busdennis

Veteran
I'm in Colly. having done 100 miles many times with gears but completed my first 50 today fixed and it hurt. Just a quick note but if i was organising a fixed gear forum ride north of London i would'nt exclude geared riders. All welcome, fixed gear encouraged.

Last edited:
OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
I'm in Colly. I having done 100 miles many times with gears but completed my first 50 today fixed and it hurt. Just a quick note but if i was organising a fixed gear forum ride north of London i would'nt exclude geared riders. All welcome, fixed gear encouraged.

It's just a flag up to anyone who might fancy it.
@totallyfixed (who may not be here anymore) organised a 100 mile fixed ride a couple of years ago. 6 or 7 of us completed it and it was a good day out. I'm open to it being fixed or geared but if there is a fair bit of interest from fixed riders then I would keep it just as suggested. Although the post is only a couple of days old the tumbleweed blowing through isn't making it look promising.^_^

Early days yet, early days.:okay::okay:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Mebbe interested if there's no hills. York - Epworth, summat like that.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I could possibly be tempted. I've done over 50 on my single speed (not fixed) but it would depend on amount of climbing & wind on the day. Mine is set up with gearing for the flat round here :okay:

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
I've plotted a couple of potential routes and neither of them are hilly. Can't avoid all the uphill stuff though because in and out of Leeds, whichever way you go, tends to be bumpy.
So far it's out and around York clockwise ot anti and it's going to be around 3000ft of up. Maybe.:smile:

I did a route out to the Humber Bridge and back which would have been nice but it came in at 130 miles:sad: Give that a miss I reckon.

Like I say, early days. If it happens at all it will be around April I would guess. apart from more daylight hours and warmer weather (maybe) it will give partcipants a chance to get some miles in.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
I could possibly be tempted. I've done over 50 on my single speed (not fixed) but it would depend on amount of climbing & wind on the day. Mine is set up with gearing for the flat round here :okay:
Hi Soltydog,

Hows life in the flatlands?

I'm originally from Bradford and visit parents which is near Guiseley area so I would be interested. Can visit them and do the ride as well. Single speed though not fixed :okay:. How about out of Leeds, Otley, Ilkley, Skipton, Gargrave sort of route. I don't mind the hills,living up here it's love them or don't ride because they are everywhere :smile:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Subject to when count me in, be good to see you again Colly. Personally I would keep it fixed only or maybe you could let some of those single speeds in, no nasty gears.

Top Bottom