A real winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Stan said:
It's stopped now :sad:

Is it heading my way?:biggrin:

The winter of 86/87 was bad, apparently, in England; my mother told me so. Billericay was cut off and isolated from the outside world, and the temp. was well below zero.

I wasn't too impressed as I was living in central Norway, there was 5 feet of snow and it was -47! Didn't get above -35 for six weeks!

PrettyboyTim

Oh, the winter of 86/87 was great. I lived in Norfolk and the wind would blow the snow off the fields and it would get stuck in the ditches or between the hedgerows. Our village was cut off for days and my twin brother, my best friend Justin and I could walk for miles along the roads without ever getting near the tarmac. It was great.

Living in London now the snow is very disappointing.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
I dont remember the winter of 86 -7 ,it cant have hit us that bad,but i wish it would return to those winters.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Last time I saw snow was doing field work (here) last week, I get the felling I am going to see a lot more to morrow. It a rough job but someone has got to do it :angry:, now where did I put those skis?

terry huckle

My daughter in law`s first Winter in the UK and she`s seriously p****d off already (she`s Argentinian...don`t mention the war).

She thinks it`s cold (+3C today) and can`t get over the sudden shortening of daylight hours.

terry huckle

Snowing here in West Berks, but it`s that very wet sort....doesn`t look like it`ll amount to much unless the temperature goes down another degree or two.

derall

Guru
It's snowing in Metroland.

End of the Met Line and we have a bit of the wet slushy snow.

Snowing.JPG

yenrod

dan_bo said:
when was the last time you saw a proper snowdrift col?

I'll bet it was about 1983 for me.

1993 !

All the roads on the estate where covered and I perfected my ride on snow skills... :ohmy:

Snowball fights and the lot...

Reddy cloudy skies at night and it was great !!!!!!!!!!!!

God I loved that night !...

My heart bleeds for kids nowadays - they have neve rhad that from what I know as it aint snowed bigtime in my area for years........

Then it faded to grey mush...

PrettyboyTim

It hailed on me on the way home today and now it's snowing. I think it must be the first time it's snowed in October in London since I moved here. Hope the roads aren't too slippy tomorrow; In another thread I posted a link to some studded tyres - I was pretty much joking but if this is the way it's going to be maybe I should get a pair...

Top Bottom