A real winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's -5 and pissing down with snow. Just about to leave for my penultimate day's work (I knew I should have started my hibernation a lot earlier).

Not looking forward to the ride in: I knew I should have changed my brake blocks at the weekend!

I use these, but didn't think I'd need them! :biggrin:

http://www.biltema.se/products/productimage.asp?iItemId=89082

Dayvo said:
It's -5 and pissing down with snow. Just about to leave for my penultimate day's work (I knew I should have started my hibernation a lot earlier).

Not looking forward to the ride in: I knew I should have changed my brake blocks at the weekend!

Gritters have been out and about around the airport, chipping all the cars Dayvo; but it's only -0.5 according to my weather station...positively tropical!
Wrap up! (warm that is :biggrin:)

terry huckle

Gritters?

No such luxury on the Berkshire, North Hampshire borders. An exciting drive as far as Basingstoke. Thank goodness for ABS, DTC, etc. Got a lot better after that.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
It was 0.5 last night here,and i saw my first gritter of the year,iv no doubt it got colder as this was at eight ish.But it does seem colder than it has been the last few years at this time of the year?

Andy

Not had anything much for a few years here in Strathaven, but like everyone else remember when cars were covered with snow and everyone took shots of clearing the pavements after they had done their driveways.
Last winter was good for snow in the Highlands so climbing and skiing were good, cold here the past few days but raining just now which is crap!

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
The last white christmas i can remember is about 1971 or two i think,we went outside christmas morning and built a snowman,never had one since.

LLB

We had snow last march in the Cotswolds which gridlocked the roads on the hills above my town.

Inclement weather separates the 4x4 vehicles with real offroad ability from those which just look big and tough (X5, CRV, Rav4, Freelander, Etc) :evil:

It does of course help if the drivers have actually been offroad prior to being confronted with the situation. Many owners just haven't a clue how to engage the diffs even :biggrin:

U

User482

LLB said:
We had snow last march in the Cotswolds which gridlocked the roads on the hills above my town.

Inclement weather separates the 4x4 vehicles with real offroad ability from those which just look big and tough (X5, CRV, Rav4, Freelander, Etc) ;)

It does of course help if the drivers have actually been offroad prior to being confronted with the situation. Many owners just haven't a clue how to engage the diffs even :biggrin:

I've only ever got my car stuck in the snow once. A 4x4 would have made no difference - unless the manufacturer can find a way of getting past all the other stuck cars in the road.

Top Bottom