Better Call Saul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
+1 for me!

mustang1

Guru
Having (over the last month) watched all series of Breaking Bad, i was intrigued about how Better Call Saul would turn out... two episodes in, and I'm hooked! Any other fans out there?

+++++++1 !!

I love it! Not as good as Breaking Bad but still pretty decent.

mustang1

Guru
Breaking bad was excellent tv. Better call Saul is developing, so we'll see. Looks good so far though.
Another one I got addicted to was "Sons of anarchy".
Anyone else like it too?

For some reason I also got addicted to this but towards the last season I wanted it to just finish (see, I could have stopped watching but I really was addicted). The problem with SoA was all the shooting scenes where people were quite close to each other s
And still missing their targets.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I can't work out what the fuss is about Breaking Bad, I bought the first three seasons on DVD on recommendation, watched season 1 and some of season 2 and got bored of it. I just wanted that Jessie character to just feck off and die, and for the other bloke to get a grip. Very over rated show.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I can't work out what the fuss is about Breaking Bad, I bought the first three seasons on DVD on recommendation, watched season 1 and some of season 2 and got bored of it. I just wanted that Jessie character to just feck off and die, and for the other bloke to get a grip. Very over rated show.

Nonsense, it's not overrated at all - stick with kids telly if this too much for you.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Nonsense, it's not overrated at all - stick with kids telly if this too much for you.

Go and bite ya bum you old donut muncher.

Stephenite

Membå
Saw s.2 ep.1 last night. Gotta wait a week til the next one? I don't remember what happened last night!

The guy playing Mike Ehrmantraut was in Crocodile Dundee 2!

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I'm reviving this thread. The sweet kiss of life.

Who else is really looking forward to series 3?

I wasn't sure about Better call Saul, despite loving Breaking Bad. I assumed it was going to be all about Saul's high-kinks and misadventures with loads or rogue clients, a bit all over the place and not really adding anything.

But since getting into it (three episodes into series 1) I've enjoyed it so much. It's incredible (to me) the imagination used to create such an interesting, yet believable, origins story for a character who in Breaking Bad was mostly light relief/plot enabler. Jimmy, his brother, Kim- what great, complex characters- but it never feels contrived or that the writers have tried too hard to convince you of anything. It's such an enjoyable watch. (My only criticism would be for shoe-horning Tuco in).

I know Jimmy's transformation into Saul is going to likely pick up in S3, but I just hope it doesn't get too "loud" and overdone, because the first 2 series have been very subtle.

better-call-saul-episode-101-amen-saul-odenkirk-938x535.jpg

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Who else is really looking forward to series 3?

Hell yeah!

Totally agree with everything else you said in your post too. I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as good as it is, but in many ways it's even better than Breaking Bad.

Those little black & white flash-forwards suggest to me that they have an end point in view but I have no idea when that is coming and I'll be happy to enjoy at least one or two more series before they get there - presumably at some point they will catch up with the start of Breaking Bad, so it will be interesting to see how they wrap it up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom