Builders are cheeky t*ats!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I worked as a hod-carrier for a number of years. One of the chippies on site was a real horrible bastard! Two attractive girls were walking past and he shouted out 'Oi, you, UGLY!' One of then turned round and he shouted 'Not you, you're FU*KING ugly!'

So apologies, Kristy, on behalf of decent present and past builders! :wahhey::headshake:

JamesAC

Years ago (when I was very young) I had one of those "I Spy on the Building Site" books. Near to where I lived they were building a new estate - just the place to tick off a few of the things in my book. So off I went, with my best pencil, to see what I could "spy".

As I was standing on the edge of the site (in the days before everything was fenced off for Heath & safety), a builder asked what I was doing. I explained about my I Spy book, and he took it and had a quick look through. Just then, there was a huge yell from up on the scafolding -it was the foreman. He came pounding down, and demanded to know what was going on. The other builder (looking a bit anxious) explained, and showed him the book. He thumbed through it, read some of the bits, looked at the pictures and diagrams, and said "Right, lad, come with me!".

So I followed him all over the building site. Down basements, up in roof spaces, peering into man-holes and so on. He must have spent an hour with me, helping me tick stuff off in my book.

I was dead chuffed - and he certainly wasn't a tw*t!!

:headshake:

JamesAC said:
Years ago (when I was very young) I had one of those "I Spy on the Building Site" books. Near to where I lived they were building a new estate - just the place to tick off a few of the things in my book. So off I went, with my best pencil, to see what I could "spy".

As I was standing on the edge of the site (in the days before everything was fenced off for Heath & safety), a builder asked what I was doing. I explained about my I Spy book, and he took it and had a quick look through. Just then, there was a huge yell from up on the scafolding -it was the foreman. He came pounding down, and demanded to know what was going on. The other builder (looking a bit anxious) explained, and showed him the book. He thumbed through it, read some of the bits, looked at the pictures and diagrams, and said "Right, lad, come with me!".

So I followed him all over the building site. Down basements, up in roof spaces, peering into man-holes and so on. He must have spent an hour with me, helping me tick stuff off in my book.

I was dead chuffed - and he certainly wasn't a tw*t!!

:sad:

That's a nice story.:biggrin:

Bman

Guru
Sittingduck said:
How do you know they are not from a "camp" builders firm and were actually whistling at your departing hubby?? Do they all have moustaches? :smile:

That made me laugh! ;)

I can picture the scene. All the builders dressed like that builder from the YMCA

OP
OP
KristyA

KristyA

Sittingduck said:
How do you know they are not from a "camp" builders firm and were actually whistling at your departing hubby?? Do they all have moustaches? ;)

I'll make it my mission to find out today......

OP
OP
KristyA

KristyA

HeartAttack said:
That's not a lot of good unless you want to send me an invite, can't promise to lech at you all the time but at least you'll know I'm looking ;)

Well as I do not know your FB name:wacko: you can add me....Kristy Armstrong Kellett, Leeds (same picture as my Avatar so you should recognise me)

OP
OP
KristyA

KristyA

phil_hg_uk said:

I thought it was only people you added as friends who could see it and then I just looked and it was set to Networks and Friends and I suppose you're on my Network...Blue is my colour, you're right! - that's a picture without make-up but I'm guessing you didn't spot that detail!!!!:biggrin:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
KristyA said:
I thought it was only people you added as friends who could see it and then I just looked and it was set to Networks and Friends and I suppose you're on my Network...Blue is my colour, you're right! - that's a picture without make-up but I'm guessing you didn't spot that detail!!!!:biggrin:

What are you insinuating :thumbsup: .......... all I was saying is that you look beautiful in that picture and if thats what you look like not wearing make up you should do it more often and what you are wearing (or not wearing ;)) is definatly a bonus that I can not deny.

Top Bottom