Buying a van?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The Fiat Multipla has 3 seats in the front, which are supposedly quite comfortable. No idea how big it is in the back.

The trouble with almost any vehicle is that once you've got 5 bikes in it there's no room for luggage.

Ta, any ideas on cost of putting seats on rails in?
Unfortunately he's moved so I can't ask him but i seem to think it was about a grand when he had it done and the website I linked to below is talking the same kind of price. i think he paid another 2k for his kitchen and had a rising roof option which he never went for for about 1.7k.

There are lots of T5 converters and it's a case of finding one near you and talking to them. That's what he did and it's what I did in the past when i was thinking of a T5 camper, except mine was in Torbay, probably not much good.

http://www.customvanz.com/VW-Transporter-T5-GP-Kombi-Seating-Conversions.html

OP
OP
400bhp

400bhp

Guru
Just realised, I know a mechanic who will know a good place to get a VW kitted out (he stuck a 911 engine in a VW camper:wacko:).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The A Team Van has plenty of space for guns bikes and a very plush leather interior.
32214051878_large.jpg
I have already decided if i ever won the lottery ( yeah right ) i would get one just for the fun of people staring and thinking " what a ***"

FrankW

Ta, any ideas on cost of putting seats on rails in?

I have some contacts for this. I have been very please with my T5 Kombu. You pay more but they hold their value. It's not a car though. Noisier, but this can be improved with insulation and carpeting. Insurance for mine.is about 400 per year. Less than the estate I had previously.

tony111

Veteran
Customer.."I'd like to buy a van".
Salesman.."Camper? "
Customer, with hand placed on hip....".I'd like to buy a van sweetie"

Top Bottom