Cats and their presents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
The local wildlife have had the run of the house before now.

The last time @hopless500 and Mr Hop came to stay young Henry bought a mouse in. I heard him playing with it at 4am in the kitchen so went to investigate. The cat and I managed to corner in behind a small bookcase but the cat got bored and buggered off out. I sat there for 2hrs until it stirred but it defeated me and made it across the room to the dresser.

It remained there for the whole day whilst the Hops and I went off on the CC Cinque Ports ride. Finally I went off to bed leaving the Hops downstairs during which time the cat managed to ferret the mouse out and catch it. @hopless500 then caught them both:notworthy:

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
The local wildlife have had the run of the house before now.

The last time @hopless500 and Mr Hop came to stay young Henry bought a mouse in. I heard him playing with it at 4am in the kitchen so went to investigate. The cat and I managed to corner in behind a small bookcase but the cat got bored and buggered off out. I sat there for 2hrs until it stirred but it defeated me and made it across the room to the dresser.

It remained there for the whole day whilst the Hops and I went off on the CC Cinque Ports ride. Finally I went off to bed leaving the Hops downstairs during which time the cat managed to ferret the mouse out and catch it. @hopless500 then caught them both:notworthy:
You are very much welcome here next time @hopless500 ^_^

At least it was dead and he didn't bring it into the house and play with it!
In my experience , even cats with a strong sense of play don't fark around when it comes to rats. Clean, quick death bite and generally leave the corpse unmolested . A live wild rat is not a toy, and I gather a dead one is not very appetising to well fed moggie.

I once trapped a London sewer rat in my toilet . It literally screamed and threw itself around the tiny room, finally digging its way out straight through the wall. A cat would only get one chance with a beast like that

Last edited:

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Once, as a young boy, I was off to school and I saw our cat under the bench outside eating a quite large rat. It was part way through. When I got back from school there was just scraps of rodent left under the bench.

That evening we were sat in the lounge and the cat was sat on the sofa with me. Suddenly it sat up very straight, and without much more warning it regurgitated most of the unfortunate rat. It didn't looked to have chewed it up very thoroughly and the smell was quite something. Dad had to clean it up and was non too pleased as he and the cat are enemies anyway. Mum got back off shift but refused to believe that the cat would have done such a terrible thing.

I thought I'd share that.

But in general they don't do disgusting things like that. I've never known her to eat anything like that before or since. And bells on their collars are supposed to help quite a bit.

Julia9054

Guru
In my experience , even cats with a strong sense of play don't fark around when it comes to rats. Clean, quick death bite and generally leave the corpse unmolested . A live wild rat is not a toy, and I gather a dead one is not very appetising to well fed moggie.

I once trapped a London sewer rat in my toilet . It literally screamed and threw itself around the tiny room, finally digging its way out straight through the wall. A cat would only get one chance with a beast like that
Nope! I'd have to move house. Immediately!

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine is a devil, or goes through devilish phases...often at 4am or similar

Mice (I probably rescue half), then birds (tits, robins :sad: Mrs blackbird, starling :ohmy: ), frogs, toads, and disgustingly in the past, worms which he batted around the lounge

Came home one day to find a live (possibly injured) squirrel on the landing, released but not sure it would have survived the night

A serial killer for sure...

Top Bottom