Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond CC Ecosse Loch Lomond ride - Sat January 18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I was hoping my c2w voucher would have arrived today to get new bike at weekend. At least I am working in Glasgow next few weeks so can collect after work and get it home on the train if I need to

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Weather looks to be getting a bit colder next week, but also dryer.

Well, I can confirm there is ice on the cycle path at Renton. I had planned a short trip out to Loch Lomond this afternoon, but ended up taking a tumble here on a patch of ice. :sad: I was slowing down in preparation for the left turn, squeezed the brake a little then the bike disappeared from under me and I landed on my chin! I slowed the blood with my buff and cycled home, not fully realising what I had done to my chin - which ended up needing a trip to the minor injuries clinic and six stitches :B)

It might be safer sticking to the road for this stretch next week but maybe it will have warmed up a bit by then ... :cold:

Reactions: GBC

Fubar

Guru
Well, I can confirm there is ice on the cycle path at Renton. I had planned a short trip out to Loch Lomond this afternoon, but ended up taking a tumble here on a patch of ice. :sad: I was slowing down in preparation for the left turn, squeezed the brake a little then the bike disappeared from under me and I landed on my chin! I slowed the blood with my buff and cycled home, not fully realising what I had done to my chin - which ended up needing a trip to the minor injuries clinic and six stitches :B)

It might be safer sticking to the road for this stretch next week but maybe it will have warmed up a bit by then ... :cold:

God Almighty! You'll be a bit sore in the morning!! Hope you have some painkillers Rosco, take it easy my friend.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I'll clear any future cycling past lisa :B)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ow @Harry_Palmer79 that must have been a sore one! I almost slid downhill near home tonight, shall take the ice bike tomorrow morning, early am commute.
Guys, if it's icy on Saturday, will I make it up the hill on the 5 speed ? - that's the one with the spikers on.
It's the bike I took to Perth: can do 10/12 mph on the flat with it, and moderate hills :smile:
Don't fancy taking a tumble :rolleyes:
Or do I really need all of Boris' 21 gears?

Top Bottom