Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The South section was fine (except a pointless loop up over the hills between Maybole and Ayr instead of going straight down the flat B road :rolleyes:), though I lost the route in Glasgow and just headed for the Station on road.

I've only done bits of the northern section. I wasn't keen on the bit next to Dromochter Pass when I rode it as part of LonJOG in 2012, but it may have changed. That it was chucking it down as we were riding over the top probably didn't help my memories of it either.
I've ridden various chunks of the route in the last year or so. The path parallel to the A9 through the Drumochter Pass is in a very poor state, but there's no way around it.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Good you have the knowledge @Edwardoka :okay:

Pat "5mph"

Dunno, @Scoosh, if not only one can come :sad:
Nothing definite yet, I just got their mail today, after mentioning our tour on a wee ride last night, was out all day at work.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar (I know he's on hols) ladies space now taken.

That's brilliant Pat, top work! There was only one lady's space, Do you want me to see if it's possible to accommodate an additional lady?!?

Pat "5mph"

That's brilliant Pat, top work! There was only one lady's space, Do you want me to see if it's possible to accommodate an additional lady?!?
No definite answer yet from lady n.2, we're a bit slow in answering mail it seems :smile:
I will send you payment on behalf of lady n.1, Catherine, who is not often online.
I have sent you a friends suggestion on FB, don't think she's logged in very often there either ... just as well I've got her mobile number ^_^
Has @Edwardoka made any progress with the route suggestion? Shall we just follow the signs? I've got a map now, just like our esteemed leader has ^_^

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
###CHALLENGE @Edwardoka### ###CHALLENGE @Edwardoka### ###CHALLENGE @Edwardoka### ###CHALLENGE @Edwardoka###

4 DAYS :ohmy:, 4 ROUTES :bicycle:, 1 MAN :crazy:, 1 PLAN :becool: - REQUIRED BY THURSDAY 16 JULY (4 WEEKS PRIOR TO TOUR)

Can he do it??? Stay tuned folks...

###CHALLENGE @Edwardoka### ###CHALLENGE @Edwardoka### ###CHALLENGE @Edwardoka### ###CHALLENGE @Edwardoka###

Can he do it??? Stay tuned folks...
untitle.JPG

bigjim

Legendary Member
Anybody know what kind of bike needed for this jaunt considering the variety of surfaces and the Scottish weather. I'm stuck between my decent road bike or the tanklike Dawes Galaxy. My routefinder gives me 180 miles overall. Is that correct?

Top Bottom