Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse - October 18th - Around the Tay in 90k

Which date do you prefer?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a replacement for my Tricross sport. I have two in mind. An Edinburgh bike shop has a Koga Miyata all kitted out with front & rear racks and lights running off a hub dynamo, with butterfly handlebars. The second choice is a Genesis Croix De Fer.
Depends really, sounds like you want a hardcore tourer/commuter, which is out of my own personal experience. The B'Twin Triban is cheap and relatively versatile for the money, although it's alu framed, which somewhat limits its touring characteristics.

dhd.evans

Veteran
I think 18 October was the chosen date a few posts back, however @Edwardoka can confirm.

Ok, will confirm in the next few days. I've something on later in the day which needs attending to so conscious of time. I'd be riding from Monifieth, through Dundee to meet you lot there for 1000hrs so will do half the route through Fife before coming back to Dundee where i'd peel off :smile:

Confirmation shortly!

Fubar

Guru
Ok, will confirm in the next few days. I've something on later in the day which needs attending to so conscious of time. I'd be riding from Monifieth, through Dundee to meet you lot there for 1000hrs so will do half the route through Fife before coming back to Dundee where i'd peel off :smile:

Confirmation shortly!

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your intentions, according to the route you will be heading back to dundee from Perth before crossing the Tay Bridge into Fife - sounds to me like you think we are heading through Fife first...

I don't mind either way, just didn't want you thinking one thing then finding out at the beginning of the ride you were riding back the way you came!

dhd.evans

Veteran
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your intentions, according to the route you will be heading back to dundee from Perth before crossing the Tay Bridge into Fife - sounds to me like you think we are heading through Fife first...

I don't mind either way, just didn't want you thinking one thing then finding out at the beginning of the ride you were riding back the way you came!

Ah, I was thinking that the ride was coming down to Dundee then crossing into Fife - again, either way is easy for me.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thinking about it :scratch:... pretty sure I've already committed to leading a Belles ride on that date ...
Argh, my cycling diary is getting to busy :giggle::rolleyes:.
It'll be a real shame to miss the ride, will you (@Edwardoka & @Fubar ) be keeping up the Victorian/Edwardian (?:whistle:) explorer speak throughout the ride? That alone would be worth coming along for, I was giggling to myself so much it attracted the attention of the natives ...
At the very least the ride report must be in keeping!

T

Fubar

Guru
Thinking about it :scratch:... pretty sure I've already committed to leading a Belles ride on that date ...
Argh, my cycling diary is getting to busy :giggle::rolleyes:.
It'll be a real shame to miss the ride, will you (@Edwardoka & @Fubar ) be keeping up the Victorian/Edwardian (?:whistle:) explorer speak throughout the ride? That alone would be worth coming along for, I was giggling to myself so much it attracted the attention of the natives ...
At the very least the ride report must be in keeping!

T

Greetings and salutations Lady Telemark, I was most pleased to receive word of your safe passage back from the near continent - I hear a darkness creeps amonst the snow-capped Alps these days. I trust you passed on my best wishes to the Kaiser?

It would be such fun to have you join our little expedition, though I'm not sure how the men would react to having a fine lady in our midst - we may have to keep you a safe distance away from the sweaty scallywags, just in case. Please make sure you wear breeches, and tuck them into your stockings there's a good girl.

I swear I have no clue as to this "explorer speak" you refer to, though that brigand Edmund Puggleswick may be feeling the sharp end of my tongue for the bare-faced cheek he has displayed lately within our new daily journal, the Face-Book.

I look forward to news of your participation!

Yours in cycling, Lord Bertrand Breckenwind

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
My TCR bike is away for the winter I am back in triggers brooms, you guys might have to wait for me on the climbs , I forgot how heavy that bike is

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

I swear I'll get round to updating the original post soon.

Erm, I mean, what ho, I will issue a command to my faithful master-of-letters Ernesto to ensure that the itinerary and crew lists are kept up to date!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
My dear Bertrand,

I bear shocking news, the Kaiser's eldest, the Archduke has been assassinated. Word may not have reached you yet, with you away to discover the source of the Tay. I fear the worst for Europe, and am very glad to be back among friends.

As to your little expedition, I am afraid I have already accepted a prior invitation to a ladies-only tea party for the day you have agreed. So fear not about your men embarrassing you with their crude ways. We will ride our velocipedes to a suitable establishment, where we will partake of high tea. I am told the proprietress makes the finest cucumber sandwiches for many leagues about, and is noted for the superiority of her cakes. We may be able to acquire some for your delectation and will send Muggins on his way as soon as we are back. The strange fellow is ignorant of the delights of cake, so it should arrive safely.
We will be decorously enrobed in rational dress - we have been to the seamstress in town with the latest fashion journal, and the results are very practical and pleasing indeed. I shall be able to ride my velocipede without forever tearing the seams of my riding dress among the moving parts, or having to wear breeks which is a regrettable source for gossip among the unenlightened of the parish.

Yours forever in steadfast friendship,

T
:tongue:

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Another lettered lady! Madame, permit me to proffer apologies of my greatest profundity! I was not aware that we had a lady of such esteem in patronage of our valiant mission!

It is most regrettable that you and your ladies-in-waiting will not able to participate in our grand voyage. Those of us with a gentle disposition do not care for being surrounded by the more malodorous of the entourage of that rapscallion Bertimus Phart-Ebum will insist on bringing.

Ladies wearing breeches! Ha - what fun! Before we know it they will be after the vote!

My kindest,
Lord Edvald "Ed" Edvald-Pugglesworth

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

As for the Kaiser's son, alas, that is a most regrettable turn of events. You know, I met Franz once, at Georgie's birthday party. His party trick (too risqué to commit to paper) had the ladies choking on their wine and the gents spilling their port!
Fortunately those pesky Austro-Hungarians would never dare do anything with old Blighty sitting there, ruling the waves and other such things. Toodle pip!

Top Bottom