Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse - October 18th - Around the Tay in 90k

Which date do you prefer?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

So far this season fun and supporting the mighty Well have not gone hand in hand
:laugh:

As a Weegie who finds that he's spending much of his life in Dundonianshire, I find it odd that people in this part of the world can openly demonstrate team preference without risking negative connotations... (although hell mend anyone who confuses Dundee United and Dundee - or calls the United strip "orange")

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
my intention is to attend, however today I have been struck with with an awful case of the man flu :sad: if it buggers off, I should be able to attend. I can get the last of my stuff for my flat sunday. due to demands of work lately, I havent put any miles in in a few weeks so may be the lardy anchor of our group

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

my intention is to attend, however today I have been struck with with an awful case of the man flu :sad: if it buggers off, I should be able to attend. I can get the last of my stuff for my flat sunday. due to demands of work lately, I havent put any miles in in a few weeks so may be the lardy anchor of our group
Worry ye not, it is extremely likely that I too will incur the wrath of the manfluenza in the next day or so, as virtually everyone I've encountered in the past few days has come down with it. 'tis only a matter of time before my doughty constitution buckles and I need to have an alchemist apply leeches to me to restore the balance of my humours.

Fubar

Guru
Looks like I am in for a nice tailwind heading North, which will turn into an energy sapping headwind going home!

It's 10am at that statue thingy in Perth isn't it? Might need an early cafe stop!!

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Looks like I am in for a nice tailwind heading North, which will turn into an energy sapping headwind going home!

It's 10am at that statue thingy in Perth isn't it? Might need an early cafe stop!!
Yeppers, same as last year's Perth ride, meeting on the edge of that park.

GBC

Veteran
I'm still hoping to make this one, partly to re-visit the stomping grounds of my distant youth, but the old legs are taking their own sweet time in recovering from last Sunday's MoKBike ride. Apart from the gradients, and I don't have the words to do them justice (though @Edwardoka has poetically described them as "insane"), I had a fair amount of discomfort in the last twenty miles from persistent cramp in both legs, and this always seems to hinder the recovery process.
However, not being one to plan for failure, does anyone have any suggestions for, preferably free, parking near the assembly point?

Fubar

Guru
I'm still hoping to make this one, partly to re-visit the stomping grounds of my distant youth, but the old legs are taking their own sweet time in recovering from last Sunday's MoKBike ride. Apart from the gradients, and I don't have the words to do them justice (though @Edwardoka has poetically described them as "insane"), I had a fair amount of discomfort in the last twenty miles from persistent cramp in both legs, and this always seems to hinder the recovery process.
However, not being one to plan for failure, does anyone have any suggestions for, preferably free, parking near the assembly point?

I seem to remember on the first Perth ride we parked at a school/community centre off the Glasgow Road - free and a short cycle to the meeting point. I'll try to figure out where that was and post up, or maybe @Scoosh remembers??

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Glad to hear you enjoyed the spiky Carradale road!

As for parking, it seems that there are some options, but few seem to be free.
http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/perth_and_kinross_perth/

Fubar

Guru

I think it was the North Inch Community Campus which, my apologies is off Dunkeld Road - hopefully someone who was on that first ride can confirm (@Col5632 @tug benson @Scoosh)?? Doesn't look like there is any charge for parking and it is a short ride through the park along the river to the statue.

Top Bottom