Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse - October 18th - Around the Tay in 90k

Which date do you prefer?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Curses and fiddlesticks!

I bet that viking wannabe Amundsen didn't have to deal with scheduling conflicts when drawing up his itinerary for the South Pole!

So: The 4th is out. Democracy yeah!
Some people can't make the 11th, some people can't make the 18th.

In accordance with our long and illustrious cultural history, now begins the grand melee to whittle down the final answer!
*grabs a spiked mace*

Fubar

Guru
Curses and fiddlesticks!

I bet that viking wannabe Amundsen didn't have to deal with scheduling conflicts when drawing up his itinerary for the South Pole!

So: The 4th is out. Democracy yeah!
Some people can't make the 11th, some people can't make the 18th.

In accordance with our long and illustrious cultural history, now begins the grand melee to whittle down the final answer!
*grabs a spiked mace*

My Dearest Edmund

You really should learn to ignore these indicative polls, you know how preferences may change as time evaporates and commitment may wane - this is your expedition so follow your heart, follow your soul, make a decision and shepherd these men to your cast iron will.

Now I must away - my Greengrocer is due at 2 and my man Hands is hard-pressed to buff my plums prior to his arrival.

Pip pip, Bertie

Somebuddy

Über Member
Gentlemen! & ladies, I have just returned from my coast to coast of the usa, at the end of which i sold my bike. I didnt fancy boxing it up etc etc. But i do have a make do bike in the shed that I could try to keep up on until i source a good replacement. I came out with some of the gang once before on the 3 ferries ride. So count me in for this one please.

Fubar

Guru
Gentlemen! & ladies, I have just returned from my coast to coast of the usa, at the end of which i sold my bike. I didnt fancy boxing it up etc etc. But i do have a make do bike in the shed that I could try to keep up on until i source a good replacement. I came out with some of the gang once before on the 3 ferries ride. So count me in for this one please.

Good man Sir! I'm sure @Edwardoka will be delighted to add you to his list as soon as he returns from his cross-border nighttime sheep-rustling raid (handily dressed-up as a "Night-Ride") - not sure where he intends to squirrel the sheep, I assume the man has taken an enormous pair of breeches on his quest!

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Splendid! I will update the original post once I have more than a moment!

(Also, seriously well done for doing a USA C2C - that is a major achievement! Do you have a travelogue we could peruse?)

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Good man Sir! I'm sure @Edwardoka will be delighted to add you to his list as soon as he returns from his cross-border nighttime sheep-rustling raid (handily dressed-up as a "Night-Ride") - not sure where he intends to squirrel the sheep, I assume the man has taken an enormous pair of breeches on his quest!
It's called reiving when it's a cross-border thing, not raiding. A man of your worldliness should strive to be less ignorant on such matters, particularly with the imminent secession of Caledonia and her peoples!
(And the sheep are going in the baa-nniers)
((I'll get my coat))

Somebuddy

Über Member
Edwardoka, Many thanks for your pat on the back. I'm feeling well impressed with myself. I rode a good bit of the tour with a group of retirees who met on the internet. The organiser was 73 yrs old and his right hand man 68. I was the boy, the youngster.
For those interested in such things my blog is at crazyguyonabike.com/somebuddy. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a replacement for my Tricross sport. I have two in mind. An Edinburgh bike shop has a Koga Miyata all kitted out with front & rear racks and lights running off a hub dynamo, with butterfly handlebars. The second choice is a Genesis Croix De Fer. I don't wish to steal or turn the thread but would appreciate suggestions in a msg perhaps. Thanks again, Dave

Top Bottom