CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Uugh! Crazy day! Up to Aberdeen on the train, back in the car. Pop in to LBS to get chain ring bolts on way back. Sort the kids out, go to get chainring bolts on......they've gone and given me the wrong bl**dy ones. I asked for doubles, they gave me triples. This was the last straw for that particular LBS! :angry:

Anyway, this means I need to use my good bike, no matter the weather, and it had a clanking from down below. So for the first time ever I take the cranks off, to get at the BB. Turns out I don't have the right tools!:sad: Cranks back on and check. Still clanking. In one last gap effort I take the pedals off, grease and replace. Ta da. The clank has gone. Not the BB after all! :biggrin:

So I'll not have mudguards, so it better not be too wet! Doesn't look too bad on metcheck.

I'll be setting off from Torrance at 8am and hopefully picking up a few folk at 8:30am at Bishopbriggs. See you all soon!

Uugh! Crazy day! Up to Aberdeen on the train, back in the car. Pop in to LBS to get chain ring bolts on way back. Sort the kids out, go to get chainring bolts on......they've gone and given me the wrong bl**dy ones. I asked for doubles, they gave me triples. This was the last straw for that particular LBS! :angry:

Anyway, this means I need to use my good bike, no matter the weather, and it had a clanking from down below. So for the first time ever I take the cranks off, to get at the BB. Turns out I don't have the right tools!:sad: Cranks back on and check. Still clanking. In one last gap effort I take the pedals off, grease and replace. Ta da. The clank has gone. Not the BB after all! :biggrin:

So I'll not have mudguards, so it better not be too wet! Doesn't look too bad on metcheck.

I'll be setting off from Torrance at 8am and hopefully picking up a few folk at 8:30am at Bishopbriggs. See you all soon!

According to the last forecast I saw it'll be hit and miss showers but sun in-between. I had a stupid clank coming from my BB area or so I thought, it turned out to be the hanger for the rear deraileur :blush:.

Hope to see you tomorrow :hello:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Good luck you lot! The Southern contingent awaits the ride reports and photos...twenty pages of organising is going to mean excellent reportage and make all us softies come to see you! ;)
Have fun - and no crashes! :rolleyes:

Oh - and plenty of cake photos. Bonus prize if someone can get a shot of Magnatom's 'moody money' coming out of his pocket. :biggrin:

OK, here is a sneek preview DSC_0067.JPG

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Erm, I have not been particularly well tonight and have amongst other things .....well, I might have to visit the nearest field with a packet of tissues every few miles - in other words, my rear is dire as it were and might erupt at any given moment! I'll see what I'm going to do in the morning, but I might just get over to Edinburgh instead of Bishopbrigs.

So where are we meeting in Edinburgh then??

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Doug will be fine and I don't think we'll disqualify him if he has to use a train part of the way.

I just need to know potentially where in Edinburgh I'd meet you all - I know the Forth Bridge has been mentioned, but what if I miss you??

Is there any one specific time and place in Edinburgh?? (That I'll KNOW I mean! - I don't know where people live).

That said, knowing me, I'll probably get up and go from Bishopbrigs like a trooper instead. Will let you know how the old dire - rear is! (Cake probably wouldn't be the very best thing for me!!) :blush:

P.S. don't cycle too closely behind me otherwise it might just be a tad fragrant! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Morning all! It's certainle been raining but it has stopped here in Torrance, and looking at raintoday it looks like it is heading off north. Fingers crossed!

MDB, I hope you are feeling better. I'll give you a buzz when I get to the station.

See you all soon!:hello:

sleekitcollie

Been wet in winchburgh overnight but rain is off for now

Going by a few radar sites it looks like the main rain has moved north and there's not anything behind it :-) all we need is for the roads to dry out.

MD probably too late now but the ride is stopping off in Whinchburgh just west of the FRB, then heading to Crammond and HJ & T's place near the Commonwealth Pool (on Dalkeith Road)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Well is was blue sky here earlier, but it looks like the Glasgow mob are bringing the rain with them...

But the cake and bread is ready, and soup is on the stove

DSC_0070.JPG

There is: ginger cake, carrot and courgette cake, fruit cake, chocolate and orange muffins, with two lots of fresh baked bread in the background...

sleekitcollie

Well is was blue sky here earlier, but it looks like the Glasgow mob are bringing the rain with them...

But the cake and bread is ready, and soup is on the stove

[attachment=838:biggrin:SC_0070.JPG]

There is: ginger cake, carrot and courgette cake, fruit cake, chocolate and orange muffins, with two lots of fresh baked bread in the background...

dam , why did i go and fall off , look wot im missing ,

just met the west coast guys along with scoosh & mcshroom ( well done for coming all the way up for the ride ) good to see u all and thanx for stopping for a chat
ps id like to say i did not come out the pub as it looked like , my wife had dropped me off in the car park :thumbsup:

hope you guys enjoy the rest of the ride and the cakes , they look really yummy

Coco

You may be right HJ, beautiful blue sky here now :smile:

I'll try to bring some sunshine with me tomorrow :biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
After Magnatom phoning me, I promptly fell asleep again and the next thing I knew it was 2pm. :blush: Sorry.

Still, at least I'll be nice and fresh for my 51 mile time trial tomorrrow providing I get there early enough to avoid all the crowds and just go for it! :biggrin:

Heck, if I'm quick enough, then I can get the train back to Falkirk or wherever and go a hunting for members from here.... as well as having some of the food on offer.

Top Bottom