Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse Perth Ride - Sat 4 Aug 12

Are you coming ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Today was great, sorry for holding you guys up. :smile:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
great ride today, sun was out and the route was amazing....

A few people asked what my name was on here and i stupidly told them tug benson without telling them my real name...Am jamie and this is my twitter, if you are on it feel free to follow me

https://twitter.com/jamie82r

Rasmus

Without a clever title
A great day out indeed, and good to put a few more faces on fellow posters.

Incidentally, I arrived back at Glasgow to find thunderclaps and torrential rain. I should have known I wouldn't make it home without being soaked...

D

Deleted member 20519

A great day out indeed, and good to put a few more faces on fellow posters.

Incidentally, I arrived back at Glasgow to find thunderclaps and torrential rain. I should have known I wouldn't make it home without being soaked...

Got into Glasgow, pouring with rain, turns out my jacket isn't waterproof at all! :wacko:

scook94

Veteran

First off, you didn't hold us up. That was on a par with every CC ride I've done, there are some of us who are fast and some of us... not so much! But we all know that going in and are happy to stop and wait for everyone to regroup. It's just what happens.

Second, massive kudos to you for that ride. Considering we had to butcher your bike (due to the "derailleur issue") and made you do the whole ride single speed! Stuff of legend! Add to the fact that you weren't "properly fuelled", you rode amazingly well! Hopefully you've learned a few lessons though?

Anyway, I got home about 7:20, great day, enjoyed it immensely. Nice to see the usual suspects as well as a few I hadn't met before! Totally starving though, but my chinese has just arrived, so happy days!

Here's the stats from my ride today! http://connect.garmin.com/activity/206563395

P.S. Photos to follow later.

Noodley

I didn't spot this thread til this morning....I must make a point of checking this part of the forum more often.
I woulda liked to have done a nice wee ride from Perth as well...

TechMech

Like Steven said it was a usual CC Ecosse ride, I was happy to stay with you at the back for a bit as that was me 3 years ago!

Your legs must be on fire after cycling all that way single speed, especially on a heavy bike and when you're not used to SS riding, well done!

I'm also glad that everyone seemed to enjoy the ride and that everyone made it round safely, sorry about the feed stops though they really weren't up to much eh? I'm actually wondering if there might be a wee place we could have gone to in Methven, as when we turned left for Pitcairngreen, you could just turn right and pop into Methven. I'll check this out for next time :-)

D

Deleted member 20519

Wow, so not only did you have an adventure, your helmet did too lol :-)

I'm sunburned really really bad, definitely remember the sun cream for next time :eek: I'm still a bit confused on who's who, if anyone could explain what they were wearing today, that'd be good :rolleyes:

Top Bottom