Next RV

• Falkland (Pillars of something cafe)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Stirling (Corrieries ?)

• Linlithgow (? any suggestions?)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Seamab said:
I can't make Sat or Sun this coming weekend:sad:

:smile: :B) :wahhey:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
lazyfatgit said:
Have fun! hope the weathers kind. looking forward to the January one.
If I didn't know you better, I could be tempted to think you were rubbing it in .... :wahhey: .....

... but saying you are "looking forward" to the January one - well, that means you must really be missing our rain, cold, winds etc etc :B)

Expected to see you at the top of the CC Ecosse Team list, though ... with all that daylight, warmth, flies, wallabies, pub stops etc etc .... :smile:

scook94

Veteran
If (weather permitting) I come along on Saturday I'd prefer Linlithgow too as it would give me a ready made ride there and back. Taking a loop round Stirling to get to Corrieri's doesn't seem to have the same appeal.

lazyfatgit

scoosh said:
If I didn't know you better, I could be tempted to think you were rubbing it in .... :biggrin: .....

... but saying you are "looking forward" to the January one - well, that means you must really be missing our rain, cold, winds etc etc

Expected to see you at the top of the CC Ecosse Team list, though ... with all that daylight, warmth, flies, wallabies, pub stops etc etc .... :sad:

i'm looking forward to meeting some new friends, as well as reaquainting with some old... not sure about the weather tho:laugh:

unfotunately i'm living up to my monicker. too many long days and some entertaining in the evenings. i promise to try harder this weekend, but i've been invited to a flitting to help, and some fence posts to put in on Sun. (all accompanied by an esky of beer):thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:laugh: can't make Saturday now ... some friends are coming to Edinburgh, and would like to visit us, so I am afraid we'll be eating home-made cake instead of Corrieri's.

Might be able to make Sunday, but the forecast needs to improve a bit ... currently it doesn't look so good for either day. Or else there is always next weekend, nobody said we HAD to do the RV2 ride this weekend :biggrin: :sad:.

Maybe it's the mention of St*rl**g that makes the weather go funny ... it seems to have happened a couple of times before :thumbsup:.

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
scook94 said:
If (weather permitting) I come along on Saturday I'd prefer Linlithgow too as it would give me a ready made ride there and back. Taking a loop round Stirling to get to Corrieri's doesn't seem to have the same appeal.
Yeah .... BUT there is an (unwritten) assumption that you will do at least 50-60km :sad: before you end up at Corrieri's :laugh:. After all, you have to 'qualify' for your foody goodies at Corrieri's :thumbsup:, yes ??? :laugh:

... and "a loop" could be very big too - over Kincardine Bridge/FRB ? :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
:biggrin: can't make Saturday now ... some friends are coming to Edinburgh, and would like to visit us, so I am afraid we'll be eating home-made cake instead of Corrieri's. :smile: :sad: :sad: ... but the rugby doesn't start till 1715 :biggrin:

Might be able to make Sunday, but the forecast needs to improve a bit ... currently it doesn't look so good for either day.:sad: :sad: :sad: Or else there is always next weekend :laugh:, nobody said we HAD to do the RV2 ride this weekend :laugh:.

Maybe it's the mention of St*rl**g that makes the weather go funny ... it seems to have happened a couple of times before :laugh:.

T
I think any further mention of rides being 'doomed' by weather, Seamab, Scoosh, Stirling et al should be treated with great caution :thumbsup:. We are in danger of killing these rides :sad:

It wisnae me :sad:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
I think any further mention of rides being 'doomed' by weather, Seamab, Scoosh, Stirling et al should be treated with great caution :stop:. We are in danger of killing these rides :biggrin:

It wisnae me :sad:

:laugh: Do you think WE (or rather you and Seamab ;-) are that powerful? :biggrin: ... we should sell you/rent you out to dry places then :ohmy:, thereby making the :sun:return and having lots of spare £££ for getting new go-faster bikes for the rest of us. Hmmm where is my waterproof coat ...

It's only Wednesday today, and often these low pressure systems don't follow the predictions being made about them. But then again it is the middle of November, the season of storms has begun ... we can't really complain after the last few weekends.

Fingers crossed ;)

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
"Round the Forth Route" (as done by Seamab, Scoosh, Hobgoblin and young Heather Hobgoblin in Aug/Sep ??) is fine and a nice enough route - if you can find it :angry:. We 'explored alternative routes' a couple of times, some of which I have resolved but still got 'lost' going to Linlithgow :angry:. Personally, I reckon it is better to keep to the road to Liligow and pick up the NCN 75 after that. The route only goes as far as the Kincardine Bridge before turniing back to the FRB, so not all the way to Stirling. However, it's not much further to Stirling and, if it's getting a bit dark - well, just 'put the hammer down' :sad:.

:angry: I tried to trace it on Bikemap just now (using Open Cycle Map as a background, as that doesn't work at high resolution properly), for looking at and also to see how far it is from Edinburgh...
WIth some slight modifications (bits I already KNOW I don't like) it's 86.5k (that's 53.7 M for the "imperialists") to where I think Corrieri's is approx....
now off to look at it with the satellite/hybrid view on :sad: and get all excited about cycling it some time soon :angry:.

T

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Is it because I am new to cycling that the weather just doesn't bother me? Or is it that I am completely mad ;)

( ok for those that have met me please don't answer that one:biggrin: )

I don't know Stirling at all, so if we are going there, perhaps I could meet some riders closer? If it is Linlithgow, I still don't know the area, so again I would need to meet someone en-route please.

JiMBR

I'm in the same boat as Jane...I'm not familiar with those areas.

In fact, I'm only familiar with cycling around Glasgow :smile: so any suggestions would be welcome.

Top Bottom