Next RV

• Falkland (Pillars of something cafe)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Stirling (Corrieries ?)

• Linlithgow (? any suggestions?)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bhoyjim said:
I think we can safely rule out this sat for the meet, unless we want a soaking of Scoosh proportions :biggrin:.

:blush:
Sunday looks quite dry now but a headwind for 50+ miles to Stirling from this end :smile:. I suppose it would be "plain sailing" for the Westies ...

hmmm there is always the option of taking the train towards Stirling and cycling back :biggrin:... I haven't given up on this one yet, but sadly it looks like work may get in the way this weekend yet again :wacko:

T

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Went out in the car today for a wee recce to Linlithgow, think I found a quieter road than that awful road to Bo'Ness from the FRB :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Jane Smart said:
Went out in the car today for a wee recce to Linlithgow, think I found a quieter road than that awful road to Bo'Ness from the FRB :laugh:
If I were going from FRB to Liligow, my preferred route would be to Dalmeny, Main Street West, Standingstane Road, down the hill , Right at T junction, to Kirkliston, B 9080 to Liligow. Simples :thumbsup:

Alternative would be (from SQ) Stuart Terrace, Hopetoun Road, Society Road, through Hopetoun Estate, Abercorn, straight over A 904, continue to B 9080 and turn Right.

B 9080 is a good, direct road to Liligow and wide enough not to be awkward for bikes. It's used by PfS - in fact both of the above routes (in reverse) have been used by PfS in the last couple of years.

JiMBR

Has anything been decided?

I was due to be laying a lot of laminate flooring tomorrow, but I have 'postponed' it :wacko:

I should be free on Sunday too.

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Looks like it is not on today, so I think I am going to head out on another wee ride ( well 40 miles I believe )

I can do tomorrow if anyone is up for it, if I am still able after todays ride :laugh:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scook94 said:
At the moment the forecast for next weekend looks decent...

:laugh: fingers crossed!

Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend :wacko:. Our flat is now very tidy due to friends visiting yesterday, and there is a small bit of treacle tart left ... Today we had to do an emergency repair to the allotment shed after discovering dampness inside, due to perished roofing felt. At least I got 15k of cycling in, there and back :laugh:. Surprisingly there were many cyclists out and about, despite the showers and blustery wind.

I'm still well below my November target on Cyclogs, not pulling my weight for CC Ecosse :laugh:.

T

Top Bottom