Next RV

• Falkland (Pillars of something cafe)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Stirling (Corrieries ?)

• Linlithgow (? any suggestions?)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazyfatgit

scook94 said:
Is it possible to cycle along the canal from Falkirk?

yes, its an easy ride on the canal path. ive done it several times. i wouldn't do it without mudguards though if its been at all damp.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
lazyfatgit said:
yes, its an easy ride on the canal path. ive done it several times. i wouldn't do it without mudguards though if its been at all damp.
The canal towpath is OK for a gentle doddle and it needs to be at that slow rate because it's a shared use path and there are usually lots of folk walking their dugs, children learning to cycle, etc etc. If you want to get some distance and/or speed, take the road.

If you have done the PfS, just follow that route to/out of Liligow and it'll take you to the turn-off for the Park bistro.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
If I can make it I'll be going FRB, SQ, Kirkliston then out on the B9080 thryu Winchburgh and onto Linlithgow. If I meet anyone on the road I'll always have a wee chat and intro myself so don't be shy :tongue:

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
kfinlay said:
If I can make it I'll be going FRB, SQ, Kirkliston then out on the B9080 thryu Winchburgh and onto Linlithgow. If I meet anyone on the road I'll always have a wee chat and intro myself so don't be shy :tongue:

I am going the same route, from Dunfermline, Inverkeithing, FRB etc., etc., if you want to meet en route just give me a shout if you can make it :biggrin:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Certainly Janey, I've got a decent ride with a mate on Friday and it depends on that and how I feel on Saturday due to being run down a bit. Also with being a bit low on reserves I don't want to get soaked as that will knacker me for the coming weeks. Will post on Friday so you know in advance

JiMBR

I might be able to make it, although I have acres of flooring to lay. :rolleyes:
(I might just need to 'mislay' my saw).

I'm not sure of routes etc and I don't want to just get the train to Linlithgow and cycle for 5 mins.

I'll take a look at my options during the rest of the week and let you know by Friday night if I'll be there.

MrRidley

Jim, if the weather's half decent i'm planning to ride out to L'gow, i know the route so if you wish to join me you can let me know.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Yes, but if you follow the canal you have to walk through the tunnel...

You can cycle through it, very claustrophobic !

Jane S, what time will you be coming through Winchburgh, I can tag on to you and go to the Park Bistro that way.

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
HonestMan1910 said:
You can cycle through it, very claustrophobic !

Jane S, what time will you be coming through Winchburgh, I can tag on to you and go to the Park Bistro that way.

Hmmmm not sure, have never cycled that route before, I wonder maybe it would take 45 minutes or so from that McDonalds? So the MacDonalds at the FRB at 11am? Maybe 11.45am at Winchburgh? Does that sound realistic?

:smile:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
From McD's to here usually takes me around 25mins.

I can always wait at the bottom of the road next to the church and catch on your wheel when you zoom past !

Top Bottom