Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians CC Ecosse RV ride - Sat 15th February

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Nay, not very observant me ... unless you happen to be a handsome hunk? :laugh:
Ummmm.....let's see....
JDL_0063c_zps85291f34.jpg

Nope...just a fat lady - though I have lost weight since this was taken!!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Nope...just a fat lady - though I have lost weight since this was taken!!
"Young lady" :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Who is planning on going tomorrow?

I'm now only able to do one day :rolleyes:. Sunday is the better one:sun::eek:, according the forecast, even though Saturday doesn't look too bad, apart from a wee breeze and maybe a bit of slight dampness. And I've promised to meet you, @ScotiaLass , if you are joining us - really hope you do! So you can get chatting with me first, and I can introduce you to the others. Not to worry about lycra bums :thumbsup:. If Sunday is better for you, that's my decision made...

T

Start of a list for copying/adding your name, so nobody ends up RV-ing all on their lonesome :highfive:(I don't want to trawl back through nearly a dozen pages, so just putting down names that I definitely remember saying one day or another or both :tongue:)
Saturday

Sunday
@Pat "5mph"
@Ellebells
@Brandane
@Halfmanhalfbike
@Rasmus
@Telemark (depending on what @ScotiaLass decides)
@ScotiaLass ??? Go on ...:smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Really looking forward to this now, hope it "just" rains, a bit weary of icy country roads when ice bike is sick :surrender:
@Brandane I will get the train back if @Ellebells does not feel like riding back, dare say you can count on our intrepid leader to race you down to Glesga :laugh:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Who is planning on going tomorrow?

I'm now only able to do one day :rolleyes:. Sunday is the better one:sun::eek:, according the forecast, even though Saturday doesn't look too bad, apart from a wee breeze and maybe a bit of slight dampness. And I've promised to meet you, @ScotiaLass , if you are joining us - really hope you do! So you can get chatting with me first, and I can introduce you to the others. Not to worry about lycra bums :thumbsup:. If Sunday is better for you, that's my decision made...

T

Start of a list for copying/adding your name, so nobody ends up RV-ing all on their lonesome :highfive:(I don't want to trawl back through nearly a dozen pages, so just putting down names that I definitely remember saying one day or another or both :tongue:)
Saturday

Sunday
@Pat "5mph"
@Ellebells
@Brandane
@Halfmanhalfbike
@Rasmus
@Telemark (depending on what @ScotiaLass decides)
@ScotiaLass ??? Go on ...:smile:

Sunday it is then. (what have I done....)

Brandane

Legendary Member
Really looking forward to this now, hope it "just" rains, a bit weary of icy country roads when ice bike is sick :surrender:
@Brandane I will get the train back if @Ellebells does not feel like riding back, dare say you can count on our intrepid leader to race you down to Glesga :laugh:
I wasn't really planning to cycle both ways. Will see how I feel on the day. I don't think @Rasmus would want to hang around at my pace, into the wind (on the way back) and I am planning on taking my MTB.. On top of that, I haven't exactly been putting in a lot of miles over the last few months. Sunday could be a struggle!

ScotiaLass

Guru
Oh Lordy....I found this whilst looking for a route...

"...the canal crosses the massive Avon Aqueduct - 250 metres long and 26 metres tall - the longest and tallest aqueduct in Scotland and only surpassed in Britain by Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in Wales. Cross this carefully, admiring the views down to the fast-flowing River Avon far below, and continue along the well-restored path".

No, no and no. Also, did I mention NO!
xx(xx(xx(

Top Bottom