Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians CC Ecosse RV ride - Sat 15th February

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Oh Lordy....I found this whilst looking for a route...

"...the canal crosses the massive Avon Aqueduct - 250 metres long and 26 metres tall - the longest and tallest aqueduct in Scotland and only surpassed in Britain by Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in Wales. Cross this carefully, admiring the views down to the fast-flowing River Avon far below, and continue along the well-restored path".

No, no and no. Also, did I mention NO!
xx(xx(xx(

you dismount and walk across it , just don't look down

ScotiaLass

Guru
you dismount and walk across it , just don't look down
Tried that once. I had a total freak out...I don't do heights or water, so it's my worst nightmare!
Luckily hubby was with me and retrieved my bike from where I threw it down and ran in the opposite direction...:shy:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Oh Lordy....I found this whilst looking for a route...

"...the canal crosses the massive Avon Aqueduct - 250 metres long and 26 metres tall - the longest and tallest aqueduct in Scotland and only surpassed in Britain by Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in Wales. Cross this carefully, admiring the views down to the fast-flowing River Avon far below, and continue along the well-restored path".

No, no and no. Also, did I mention NO!
xx(xx(xx(
thanks for the info: pushed the bike across it 5 times last year - or was it 6?? never knew the name of the river below :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Not been a great day Pat, think i've been going through withdrawal as didn't take painkillers today.....:addict::giggle:
:eek: :hugs:At least that should be a temporary thing - hope it doesn't mean all the pain that's been masked by the pills is bothering you lots :sad:, and that the doc is happy with progress. Get well soon! And another :hugs:for good measure...

Unlikely i'll be there :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
:cry::cry: You'll be missed ... we'll have some cake in your honour :hungry:, if you don't mind too much ...

T

Pat "5mph"

I wasn't really planning to cycle both ways. Will see how I feel on the day. I don't think @Rasmus would want to hang around at my pace, into the wind (on the way back) and I am planning on taking my MTB.. On top of that, I haven't exactly been putting in a lot of miles over the last few months. Sunday could be a struggle!
I am actually glad you will be with us: done the route myself last year, and again with some Belles ... I am not an intrepid lone explorer, like some :training: with me when going further afield.

Pat "5mph"

The last time i went to catch a train forgot what i was doing and got on a bus :whistle:
Actually that's not quite true as i did manage to get a "single" on train from Falkirk to Bishopbriggs via Embra and the christmas get together :rolleyes::tongue:
Ok, next CC Ecosse meeting will be at at Bishopbriggs: everybody bring CAKE for Mr Messy! :hyper:

Top Bottom