CC Ecosse (West) RV Ride 20th/21st Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
Sorry to hear you won't make it Scoosh.

So no excuses Scoosh get ye over to magnatom Manshions. Looks like I'll have no heating for most of tomorrow, so I might be warmer out on the bike! :smile:
With an overnight forecast of -6 for Glasgow :blush:, -5 for Embra :wacko:, I'm playing chicken and not venturing out until it is warmer and there is no frost/ice risk :biggrin:. Falling off on ice is not something I wish to repeat, thank you. :biggrin:

Have a good one and enjoy the cake(s) :ohmy:

Ride Safe,
D

scoosh said:
With an overnight forecast of -6 for Glasgow :ohmy:, -5 for Embra :blush:, I'm playing chicken and not venturing out until it is warmer and there is no frost/ice risk :sad:. Falling off on ice is not something I wish to repeat, thank you. :sad:

Have a good one and enjoy the cake(s) :biggrin:

Ride Safe,
D

Och ya big jessie! :biggrin:

I'm worried now. I fear that Seamab is a fast rider (even single speed). I was hoping you would come along to keep the pace down....:wacko::smile:

My wife and kids have headed off down south for the weekend, so I spent the afternoon cleaning (not sparkling but much better) and fettling (had to replace a hanger I managed to damage the threads on, and the brake pads) the bike out in the back garden. The garage was off bounds as that is where the new boiler is going at this very moment. I was wise enough to keep a bowl of hot water nearby so that every time my fingers got cold I had instant relief! :smile:

Looking forward to tommorrow chaps. :smile:

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

magnatom said:
Och ya big jessie! :ohmy:

I'm worried now. I fear that Seamab is a fast rider (even single speed). I was hoping you would come along to keep the pace down....:wacko::biggrin:

Don't worry I'll slow the pace right down at BoW. And have you seen the hill where I'll be meeting you :blush:

I'll PM my mobile number to you all.

cheers

Coco said:
Don't worry I'll slow the pace right down at BoW. And have you seen the hill where I'll be meeting you :wacko:

I'll PM my mobile number to you all.

cheers

Hill, what hill, I assume it is downhill....isn't it?:blush::ohmy:

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

scoosh said:
With an overnight forecast of -6 for Glasgow :blush:, -5 for Embra :wacko:, I'm playing chicken and not venturing out until it is warmer and there is no frost/ice risk :ohmy:.

See you in August then :biggrin:

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

Jane Smart said:
All my bikes are very well used, just not at the same time :ohmy:

But yes, had Jim lived closer, I would have been nice and lent him one :wacko:

Damn, beat me to my own punchline :blush:

Come to think of it Jim could borrow my hybrid. Although its more of a 3 x Singlespeed at the moment due to the dodgy rear mech. Interested Jim?

JiMBR

Coco said:
Damn, beat me to my own punchline :biggrin:

Come to think of it Jim could borrow my hybrid. Although its more of a 3 x Singlespeed at the moment due to the dodgy rear mech. Interested Jim?

Thanks for the offer Coco...I don't think I'd be comfortable on any bike other than my own. :sad:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Coco said:
See you in AugustFrance/Italy/Greece then :smile:
;)

:biggrin:

I didn't make it this morining. ;)

Late last night I started feeling pretty cr@p and for most of the night I was pretty unwell. I won't go into details!:ohmy:xx(

Really disapointed at missing this, as I don't often get the chance, and the weather looks amazing (if a little chilly). I hope the rest of the guys have a good day. Hopefully I'll make another one in the not too distant future.

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

Sorry you couldn't make it today Magnatom it was a good ride. I'm sure we can arrange another West one soon.

Weather was pretty good. The only ice we saw was in the cocktails we had in the bar of the Lochwinnoch Hilton. :girl:

I learned a lot today:

Seamab is faster with one gear than I am with 20.
When you get to the unamed road between Howwood and Lochwinnoch, turn right, not left.
Footpaths that start out with good surfaces, don't always continue that way.
Cycle paths can be below you.
My Bianchi is not a cyclocross bike.
Viniga is patient.

You might have guessed I took a wrong route and led Seamab on a merry detour. When we finally got to the cafe, the food was good and the cakes were well earned.

Thanks guys for coming out.

Seamab

That's a good summary Coco.

It was -2 when we started but the roads were dry and well gritted so we took it cautiously- a couple of patches of ice and frost on the minor roads and some rather steep hills. One was a real corker - with very little runup or warning - my Garmin went haywire and went over 40% at one point so i went back down and it recorded -25%. So we'll say it was a minimum of 25%. I failed to get up it on the s/s.

This was my second foray into Renfrewshire for cycling and it is really good - lots of lovely rolling roads and excellent cycle paths. The off road bit was an added extra (not to be repeated!). What's a CC ride without a wrong turn or two?

It turned out to be a glorious day and we met up with Viniga who had descended from the Eaglesham moors with more layers than a onion on his commuting hub gear ice conquering bike complete with studded tyres. Any chance you can post a link to those tyres Viniga? He'll be flying once the weather comes for the light as a feather good bike.

Great to meet you Coco (sorry your lovely red Bianchi got covered in mud) and the Braehead centre is a great starting/finishing place for a Renfrew ride.

I've uploaded the route onto Garmin Connect - not sure how to make it available on the forum though? Anyone know how to do this? I can send it to an email address or 100 other programs that mean nothing to me (Oh Vienna). I forgot to turn the unit off at the cafe so it shows an average speed on 7.5 mph! and 36miles.

Seamab said:
I've uploaded the route onto Garmin Connect - not sure how to make it available on the forum though? Anyone know how to do this? I can send it to an email address or 100 other programs that mean nothing to me (Oh Vienna). I forgot to turn the unit off at the cafe so it shows an average speed on 7.5 mph! and 36miles.
You just copy and paste the link into a post: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18228164

Or if you want it short, highlight a word, click on 'insert link' (the world with a paper link symbol), paste the link and click OK.

Mmm. I missed a 25% hill. Mmm, I'm almost sorry about that! :smile:

I wouldn't have beengood for a 0.25% hill today. Still rough, but improving.

Had we come back to Magnatom Mansions, it would have been a cold return. The heating enginner said he would be finished by 4pm latest. They are still here!

Just such a shame that the one time I am family free and available I got struck down. Some bus driver somewhere must have a magnatom voodoo doll...:ohmy::biggrin:

Top Bottom