CC Ecosse (West) RV Ride 20th/21st Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Badoom, tish! :angry:

Seamab

magnatom said:
The beauty of it is you could have different rides there and back. There are train stations around that could get you back to Central/Queen street station. You could get a train back from Howwood which is only a couple of miles from Lochwinnoch (25 mins to central, trains on the hour) , or if you wanted to cycle back a little further you could head to Paisley (loads of trains).

Probably the best place to hook up with us would be Partick (plenty of low level trains from Glasgow). That way you could have a wee trip on the Ferry! :angry:

Scoosh, If you could be at Queen St around 9.45am, i could pick you up and put your bike in the car and head out to Magnatom Mansions for the start?

Excellent. It is all coming together.

Myself, Seamab and possibly Scoosh will be setting off from Magnatom mansions (oh, how disappointed you will be!) at around about 10am ish. We will hook up with JiMBR at the Honda garage (you might be able to spot the garage on the left here! :thumbsup:) at around about 11am ish. We will scoot over on the ferry, through Renfrew (used to go to School here) and along Inchinnan Road, past the airport (under the flight path:smile:) and past one of my favourite buildings
1107646619_84a84258e1.jpg

After that I know roughly where we are going, hopefully enough to get us to Bridge of Weir to meet Coco (anywhere in particular?). On from there on some wee back road (never been there so I have no idea what it is like) on our way to the oasis that is the RV cake stop, to meet up with Viniga who by the looks of his route will be doing some proper cycling! :smile:

Have I missed anything out......oh aye the small matter of riding back! :girl:

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

magnatom said:
Excellent. It is all coming together.

1107646619_84a84258e1.jpg

That's a cafe/restaurant now. In case you feel peckish :laugh:

Probably meet you on the main St of BoW. I'll try to get to the road you'll be entering from. I'll also suss out the route across town :rolleyes:

Coco said:
That's a cafe/restaurant now. In case you feel peckish :laugh:

Probably meet you on the main St of BoW. I'll try to get to the road you'll be entering from. I'll also suss out the route across town :rolleyes:

There is a restraurant at the back, but the rest of it has offices in it. I remember seeing it derelict for years, and the transformation when it was renovated was amazing.:biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Still deliberating on this ride - I want to do it ... :smile:

.... but I don't do frost/ice :biggrin:

Need to wait for a weather forecast for Saturday am .... ;)

JiMBR

FFS and other expletives!

Sorry guys, but I'm afraid that I need to pull out of tomorrow's ride. :biggrin:

After taking my steed* to the LBS for a couple of minor grumbles, it turns out that amongst other things, the bearings in the rear hub need replaced as there is quite a lot of play from side to side.

I've been advised not to ride it for too long and I can't get it fixed until next week at the earliest.

I was really looking forward to it and will see you guys next time.
(have a slice of cake for me).

*You will have noticed that my short tale of woe refers to a single bicycle.
The moral of the story?.......buy another bike! (if only)

Jane Smart

The Queen
Sorry I cannot be with you on this one, but hope that you all have a great ride out. I am like Scoosh (ie;)) and don't do frost or ice either, but that is not the reason I cannot make it:smile:

See you all soon :biggrin:

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

I would have thought you'd be used to frost & ice given that you live in the cold side of the country :laugh:

Sorry to hear about the bike Jim, perhaps you could borrow one of Jane's many (unused) bikes ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
scoosh said:
Still deliberating on this ride - I want to do it ... :biggrin:

.... but I don't do frost/ice :wacko:

Need to wait for a weather forecast for Saturday am .... ;)

Scoosh is a wise man, though he'll probably be fine unless he has my luck with ice / frost!

(see, Coco - I'm still remembering to check the thread! :laugh:)

Sorry to hear you won't make it JiMBR:sad:. Nothing you can do though. I remember the days of only having one bike. It's a right pain if something goes wrong. Get ye another bike man! ;)

Obviously I don't know what the roads are like near Lochwinnoch, but I can vouch for the roads near me. Although they are back roads, I haven't had any problems on them, even in sub zero temps. There is only one section that you need to be wary of (approching the ford), where there is sometimes ice on the road. If so you can dismount no problem. I dismount for the ford anyway (it has a little path at the side, fine for a mountain bike, walkable with a road bike).

So no excuses Scoosh get ye over to magnatom Manshions. Looks like I'll have no heating for most of tomorrow, so I might be warmer out on the bike! :smile:

Jane Smart

The Queen
Coco said:
I would have thought you'd be used to frost & ice given that you live in the cold side of the country :sad:

Sorry to hear about the bike Jim, perhaps you could borrow one of Jane's many (unused) bikes :smile:

All my bikes are very well used, just not at the same time :biggrin:

But yes, had Jim lived closer, I would have been nice and lent him one ;)

Top Bottom