England : Lancashire ColinJ's 103 km or 107 mile 'Back from the Dead' forum ride Sat 29/03/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@ColinJ - I bet you could track down @phil_hg_uk - sounds like his sort of thing.
Am I imagining it or is Phil off doing other things these days? He doesn't seem to post as much as he used to.

I thought about a post with tags for @phil_hg_uk etc, but there are an awful lot of people who have come on my rides over the years and I wouldn't want to offend anybody by forgetting them! (I cannot possibly remember all 100-odd. Last time I tried, I think I got to 50 or 60 and was stumped.)

This thread will be running a long time so anybody who is interested in local forum rides should stumble across it eventually.

It looks like we should be able to get a good turn out. In fact, there could be logistical problems if too many people want to ride. I certainly think that we need one person with a GPS per 6-8 riders. On previous long rides, we split into smaller groups on the return leg so faster riders could get back before dark. I think I was riding for about 45 minutes in the dark on the last such ride, so I was thinking of starting earlier this time, maybe 09:00. And before anybody points it out (potsy!), yes - I need to arrive on time ...:whistle:

p1000890-jpg.8271.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'll putmyself in as a maybe- be good to see you all again.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
And what about little Liam?

Mickthemove

Über Member
Definitely a Maybe here, i have trouble planning two weeks in advance at the moment and its a week after the warm up of the cheshire cat!

I must truly actually believe i see an Olympic athlete in the mirror and not a sumo when i look!
If i can do it i have no probs straddling the back with a GPS and a torch! :smile:

Top Bottom