CycleChat Government.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
In order to accommodate your wishes, the Parsnips could be eliminated. Which would your prefer? Chocolate cake or Bacon Butties?
Yes

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Mr Millibumps is talking out of his arse. He should see a doctor (if he can find one)...

He is just trying to bum p up the figures then?

How many vacancies are there currently? A Ball park figure to the nearest thousand will suffice.
How much money is wasted when the Nursing staff destroy medication that patients have taken in with them (and were requested so to do), and then those same medications have to be replaced when the patient leaves hospital?

Can I have the answer to that second question before Pie Minster's question time next week please, if that is alright, thank you.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Nobody knows. Although there is a central system for advertising NHS vacancies (the NHS Jobs web-site), there is no central collation of clinical vacancies, as hospitals act as independent trusts. The figures bandied about are guesstimates. The figures produced by NHS Employers are probably the most accurate.

Nobody knows. Hospitals should not actually require people to take their own medicines in with them - merely a record of what is currently being taken, dosage, etc. Good practice says that if a patient turns up with drugs in hand, these should be kept safely and returned when the patient is discharged - unless the regime has been changed, in which case new TTOs should be issued for 7 - 14 days whilst updated prescribing information is provided to the GP.

Contiguous to the Vacancies, I will adhere to my principle guesstimate of 2,000. This is carefully calculated by guessing that there are one hundred hospital trusts in the UK and each trust has, on average, twenty vacancies.

Extrapolation would indicative a lack of planning for futures vacancies. I would suggest that for each vacancy they appoint two new peeps. Then when the next house doctor resigns, they have a new recruit "at the ready". The time between the supernumery appointee starting work, and then becoming not supernumery, would be wisely spend on induction. This includes Finding Out Where Everything Is, and Where is the Canteen. The second appointee would therefore "hit the deck running", but not fall over.

I hope as you suggest, that the waste of Medications is less than I first envisaged.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It is the second-guessing of future governments that causes a lack of planning for further ahead than five years. I was talking to someone closely involved in the provision of Mental Health support (?) for young adults. He said that to improve the services available takes longer than the five years of a government.

Should National Health Service Planning be non-political? The constant change of Policy every five years or so, is a cause of costs, not just in Pounds Sterling, but in stress levels in staff and then, as a result, reduced care of patients. It is not that the Medical Staff do not care, but they have so many boxes to tick, and targets to meet, that they lose sight of the Prime Directive.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
To successfully manage a Hospital Trust, I would appoint Staff with a background in Medicine.

Just because you have successfully managed a multi-national Bakery, does not mean you can manage a Hospital. There are some Doctors who are standing for election this week. My Board of Joined Up Thinkers, would join up with the Doctor MPs, and one or two top bods from successful Trusts, to agree what makes a hospital successful.

Empty Ambulances standing in Hospital car Parks with the Paramedic and the Technician marking time in the A & E department, is not, in my opinion, indicative of good practice. I hasten to add that when this happened with my mother waiting in the corridor, one of the ambulance staff went off to find someone who needed assistance. The other member of the ambulance staff stood around in the corridor with us for well over an hour.

I think, Rocky, that you have just promoted yourself, from Person to Do Big Sums, to being one of my Joined Up Thinkers, carrying a Portfolio for Health.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Oh - and the total NHS budget is £115 billion - not £150 billion.

:addict: £35 billion found! :okay:

I told you we needed someone who could do Big Sums.

The Salary of a House Doctor is (with overtime) let's say £35,000 with on costs of a further £15,000.

2,000 doctors at £50,000 is :scratch::blush: a big number, 100 million, I think.

35,000,000,000 less 100,000,000 is :unsure::scratch: is..... :huh::scratch: well, enough for a New Office for the Joined Up Thinkers, with some left over for biscuits..... 34,900,000,000.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
All this Thinking is Thirsty Work. I am going to make a large pot of coffee.

Rocky, will you go and fetch the cakes for my New Committee please?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Mr Millibunkum also said yesterday that it would benefit the "ordinary working people" to have HS too. To the best of your knowledge, Busman, who is likely to use the above-forementioned HS?

How many working peeps need to save 15 minutes on their journey from somewhere oop North to London? @Mad Doug Biker may wish to comment.

Is this a greater or lesser number of working peeps whose lives will be affected by the building of the Line, not least those whose house is demolished or who will have five high speed trains an hour passing the end of their garden?

Last edited:
Top Bottom