CycleChat Government.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Who's going to be the "Malcolm Tucker" spin doctor?

fark that. You daffodils can kick yourselves into line. I'm after a career in the diplomatic service. Last edited by a moderator: Today at 07:26

@Moderators - is Tessa Farking Jowell now in charge at the Ministry of Moderation or something? You know who Malcolm Tucker is, right?

Ganymede

Veteran
You might like to know that I am actually on a real ballot paper next week, being voted on at a real polling station as part of the real election.

I am standing for my parish council. :shy:

classic33

Leg End Member
You might like to know that I am actually on a real ballot paper next week, being voted on at a real polling station as part of the real election.

I am standing for my parish council. :shy:
Not alone. Local Council.
Does that mean we can't say owt here!!

classic33

Leg End Member
Can I be responsible for road testing all new bikes being introduced into the market please? :laugh:
cool-breeze-prone-jpg.38592.jpg

There's this one!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I would like to be Minister for Joined Up Thinking, with @MacB as one of my advisors.

My Portfolio would be Thinking About Things That Involve More Than One Department.

My priority would be improving Health Care. Not all the "new" money would go to the NHS. Some would go to local government to increase provision for local "convalescence" services. This would reduce, significantly I hope, the "bed blocking" of people who are able to leave Hospital but not well enough to go home. I would also increase the number of Health Care Assistants in Hospitals. You do not need four years' training to assist someone to eat their meals, or visit the bathroom or any number of other tasks. Paying Agencies to provide nurses would need to be curtailed. I do not want to pay an Agency £100 per hour for nurses.

Further detailed advice from @User would be welcome.

Although we need more Doctors, I would reduce the Junior Doctors work (70 hours a week?) to reduce the turn over of Doctors who leave the NHS to go to Australia.

Waiting lists for Physiotherapy need to be shortened. While people wait ten weeks for Physio, they get worse, then take longer to get better.

People who would like to do so, can do Voluntary work for more than sixteen hours a week. They might even wish to volunteer to work in a Hospital or a Convalencence Home who knows? Voluntary work requires skills, not just making hot drinks. Well, not too hot, we do not want people to risk spilling hot liquid.

Applications are welcome from anyone else who can do Joined Up Thinking. @User14044 - please note that joined-up writing would be a bonus. I would also welcome applications from someone (@accountantpete ?) who can accurately Work Out Big Sums.

Last edited:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I think @Speicher has definitely ruled herself out - that stuff is far too coherent :huh:, thought through :ohmy: and .. well sensible :eek: for the CC Go'ment, surely @Sara_H !

Joined Up Thinking :scratch: .. Joined Up Writing :addict: ... doing big sums :laugh: - what d'ya think this is - a reality tv show ???

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My Putting of Thoughts on to Tinternet was precap percipit precipitated by Mr Miilibunk saying that he would employ 8,000 more Doctors in the NHS by 2020. It takes seven years to train a Doctor.

Is he going to shorten the time taken to train a Doctor?
Is he going to increase the number of places in Teaching Hospitals?
Has he forgotten that there are currently (at a guess) 2,000 vacant posts for Doctors?

Why do empty ambulances wait outside a hospital Emergency Department for two hours while their patient waits for a space in A & E?

Opening one's mouth and declaring the intention to increase the number of Doctors, will butter no parsnips!

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
My Putting of Thoughts on to Tinternet was precap percipit precipitated by Mr Miilibunk saying that he would employ 8,000 more Doctors in the NHS by 2020. It takes seven years to train a Doctor.

Is he going to shorten the time taken to train a Doctor?
Is he going to increase the number of places in Teaching Hospitals?
Has he forgotten that there are currently (at a guess) 2,000 vacant posts for Doctors?

Why do empty ambulances wait outside a hospital Emergency Department for two hours while their patient waits for a space in A & E?

Opening one's mouth and declaring the intention to increase the number of Doctors, will butter no parsnips!
I was going to apply for the post of Thinking Significant Thoughts Officer (I can do sums, too), but I don't like parsnips. Your loss.

Top Bottom