Did man land on the moon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

I think they did go but personally I'm just disappointed that they didn't find any Clangers:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sCcD0aqUgCo&feature=related

the-clangers.jpg

Or did they?...

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Mr Phoebus said:
Moon buggi

i wanna change my username :smile:

Graham O said:
I'm interested in the OP about the landings being done on the side of the moon facing away from the Earth. I haven't heard that one before. Where did that information come from?

I ask because from my garden I can see where the landings happened and hopefully this winter will bounce a laser off the reflector.

i may have made that up :rolleyes: or i'm sure i heard it somewhere. stop picking on me. i think it's something to do with the moon's orbit catapulting the spaceship back to earth :biggrin:

beanzontoast said:
The most disappointing thing about the original moon landing is the quality of the black and white tv pictures. Given that it was an astonishing achievement to get any live tv at all from that distance, the ghostly nature of the images kind of unfortunately played into the hands of the doubters. The quality of the still images still takes my breath away though.

Desert Orchid said:
why is there no delay when NASA is talking to the astronauts? when BBC news talks to America there is a delay :smile:

how did they get a signal way out there? i mean, sky tv fecks up in the slightest bad weather and you can't get a signal on your mobile phone in some villages in england!

Kovu said:
Am I the only one who thinks that would be hilarious? :biggrin:

Wasn't there talks of the moon being bought by a man a while ago, the americans sold it to him ... makes me laugh that they think they own the moon.

i think iwoot.com sells pieces of the moon. novelty birthday presents :biggrin:

so what exactly is the conspiracy theory... that man landed on the moon? or that man didn't land on the moon? i'm all confused now :laugh:

ps. i never started a thread that got to 13 pages before :biggrin:

Kovu

Über Member
buggi said:
so what exactly is the conspiracy theory... that man landed on the moon? or that man didn't land on the moon? i'm all confused now :rolleyes:

ps. i never started a thread that got to 13 pages before :laugh:

It's all a big cuffafull! But really i want to have a red coloured moon with Coke on the side. I'd love that. :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
the conspiracy theory runs thusly... they DID go to the moon, found it WAS actualy made of cheese, than mocked up the 'moon made out of rock and dust' stuff in a disused film lot in elstree, next to where the Double Deckers was being worked on at the time... :rolleyes:

jonesy

Guru
buggi said:

i may have made that up :rolleyes: or i'm sure i heard it somewhere. stop picking on me. i think it's something to do with the moon's orbit catapulting the spaceship back to earth :smile:

Isn't it obvious? The side of the Moon that faces the Earth is facing downhill, so any ship landing on it would fall off again! So of course they had to land on the top side, away from the Earth! :laugh:

col

Legendary Member
Sir Patrick moore studied pics and maps of the moon,many he had made himself,at nasa's request to pick landing sites to minimise the chance of landing somewhere unlandable,hopefully.A far as im aware there were no landing sites on the far side of the moon due to there being no information to help minimise the risks in landing there,also they would have been out of radio contact.

bonj2

Possibly a more pertinent question: do we even NEED the moon? Would the world be a better place without it?

Kovu

Über Member
bonj said:
Possibly a more pertinent question: do we even NEED the moon? Would the world be a better place without it?

Yes. We need it for our Coca Cola advertising.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yes, it's like the mudguards of the earth, seemingly protecting us from detritus (if it happens to be in the right place) but yet, probably a waste of space, time and energy :rolleyes:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Where do people get this idea of stuff being really bad quality? NASA have released two titles in High Definition. It would probably look really bad in 405 lines B&W. Discovery Chanel have even shown some of the material in HD.

col

Legendary Member
bonj said:

If you look at a pic of the moon,all those craters were caused by things hitting it,and earth would have took them if the moon wasnt there,also if we didnt have the moon there would be no tides,and as the moon acts as a sort of steadying influence if you like,we probably wouldnt have seasons as we know them as the tilt and orbit would be erratic.

bonj2

col said:
If you look at a pic of the moon,all those craters were caused by things hitting it,and earth would have took them if the moon wasnt there,also if we didnt have the moon there would be no tides,and as the moon acts as a sort of steadying influence if you like,we probably wouldnt have seasons as we know them as the tilt and orbit would be erratic.

a) the moon hardly has any atmosphere, the earth has - the rocks that caused craters would have burned up long before they'd got anywhere near the earth.

;) Why do we need tides? (ok surfers like them but they can find something else to do)

c) We don't need seasons either.

Advantages:
it would eradicate wind
grid north would be the same as true north - as opposed to 7 degrees out
lots of other advantages

Top Bottom