Embarrassed by cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Cunobelin said:
Harold Shipman wore black laceup shoes

Just because I work for the NHS and wear black lace up shoes does not make me responsible for his mass murders

Equally riding a bike does not make me responsible for every bad cyclist.

Whilst I agree, I personally have an irrational hatred of dog owners purely on the basis of the amount of shoot left outside my house by those who, quite literally, don't give a shoot. Because their dog does enough for both of them. The few make it difficult for the many.

What this has led to, is an increase in police time & presence stopping RL Jumpers, giving them FPN's when they should be out shooting dog owners.

Capiche? :biggrin:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I don’t think it is just cyclist, everybody to day doesn’t give a shoot about the law, years a go we feared the police, but today the younger generation don’t and get away with it

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
numbnuts said:
I don’t think it is just cyclist, everybody to day doesn’t give a shoot about the law, years a go we feared the police, but today the younger generation don’t and get away with it
yeah! Tell it like it is! And Radius and ILB you can just do as you're told from now on, or it's bed with no supper!

xpc316e said:
Last week I visited Cambridge with a Parisian friend and her children. I was shocked by the sheer audacity of the cyclists who cycled wherever they pleased with little or no regard for the law or pedestrians. They were a nightmare going the wrong way up one-way streets, etc. - if this is the future, you can keep it.

It's not just me that it annoys then...and I used a lighter word there.B)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As a rule of thumb, the only cyclists who stop for red lights are on £500 plus road bikes. That's a generalisation of course!

Blue

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
It's coming to a place near you - soon!

Yep, the new generation! 'Fukk everyone else, I do what I want!' :angry:

I agree; you can keep it! :wacko:

So writes the guy who had a go at me for condemning cyclists who break the rules.

Nice to see that you are getting more sensible as you get older B)

Blue

Legendary Member
rich p said:
As a rule of thumb, the only cyclists who stop for red lights are on £500 plus road bikes. That's a generalisation of course!

Is that because spending more money on a bike denotes more brain cells, or do they just not want their valuable bikes damaged? I wonder?

Blue said:
So writes the guy who had a go at me for condemning cyclists who break the rules.

Nice to see that you are getting more sensible as you get older B)

To be fair, I defended someone (richp ?) who admitted to cycling in a pedestrianised area that had no pedestrians in it at that time.

Seems like you have a good memory, too! :angry:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Probably was me, Dayvo - I'm a rebel:wacko:
Cheers mate retrospectively:biggrin:

I think we are quite lucky down this end of the Godforsaken world in that we don't seem to be overburdened with that many cyclists. Yes you do see some riding on pavements and some do jump red lights but it's not the plauge that appears to be elsewhere fortunately.

gbb

Legendary Member
Blue said:
Is that because spending more money on a bike denotes more brain cells, or do they just not want their valuable bikes damaged? I wonder?

Partly, yes. But also, i think because we spend more time on a bike, see more incidents on a bike, we also understand (and care) about how we're percieved and treated.
To that end, i find myself trying to set an example to other BOB's and motorists.
Does either of them care ?...probably not. But if you can set a good example, so much the better.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I obey traffic rules when I'm cycling for the simple, self-preserving reason that the rules are there for my protection. It's the same reason why I obey the rules when driving my car.

Lardyboy said:
I think we are quite lucky down this end of the Godforsaken world in that we don't seem to be overburdened with that many cyclists. Yes you do see some riding on pavements and some do jump red lights but it's not the plauge that appears to be elsewhere fortunately.

It's not improving though is it?
Even had a prick of a cyclist pass too close to me today.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
so - on this morning's commute up to Islington and back
- clipped by cyclist in Stockwell who clearly wasn't anticipating my stopping rather than sliding left of a van
- saw cyclist dodge left round a bus, and, when he re-appeared and dodged right in front of me I made him aware of his shortcomings. Tbh, if I hadn't been forewarned by the leftward dodge I'd have taken us both out.
- riding through Holborn with the Mysterious Pavel skinny herbert on fashionable fixie tries to undertake Pavel as he came to a stop at a traffic light, - running himself into the kerb and Pavel . Once more the dellzeqq art of pithy summary is employed

Top Bottom