Food that makes you gag!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Cockles and muscles, just cant put them anywhere near my mouth, winkles make me balk just looking at them too.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
radger said:

That was very brave of you to say. Respect!

colly

Re member eR
Anyone else like heart?

My mum used to cook stuffed lambs hearts. Very particular flavour but very nice. Not something I can eat a lot of though.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Greedo said:
Mushrooms
Liver
Broad beans
Kidney beans

All make me barf no end!

My suspicion is that, like many of the things mentioned on this thread, most of these dislikes can be put down to bad cooking. Leathery overcooked liver and old broad beans with tough grey skins, that kind of thing. Shall we retitle the thread "who's a lousy cook, then?". :hyper:

U

User482

There's very little "real" food I won't eat, but I loathe mayonnaise - I'm sure there are worse things in the world than unsuspectingly biting into a jism-filled sandwich, but I can't think of any. Steak tartare is an odd one - I quite liked the taste but it made me feel extremely faint and sick almost immediately. I've no idea why.

I echo the defence of liver - lamb's liver, dusted in seasoned flour, fried in butter until it is lightly pink in the middle. Serve with streaky bacon, mash and onion gravy. Yummy, and my butcher sells a portion for about 50p!

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
theclaud said:
My suspicion is that, like many of the things mentioned on this thread, most of these dislikes can be put down to bad cooking. Leathery overcooked liver and old broad beans with tough grey skins, that kind of thing. Shall we retitle the thread "who's a lousy cook, then?". :hyper:

The smell of liver cooking was enough to make me want to

At primary school they wouldn't let us leave the table until plates were clear. My liver was cut into small pieces and surreptitiously flicked round the dining hall. Even then it disgusted me and the memory still lingers.

got-to-get-fit

radger said:
bacon

Even the smell of it raw turns my stomach.

I've been vege for most of my life, but used to like liver, kidneys, rabbit and other things that upset small girls; I did biology with animal dissections until A-level; and I have no problem with Mr Radger's meat habit, so it's not squeamishness.
(Or religion - I was dragged up a reluctant catholic)

sorry....did i hear you say bacon.

Turns back on radger and vows never to post in one of her threads ever again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It is hard to believe isn't it...
But each to their own & all that

got-to-get-fit said:
sorry....did i hear you say bacon.

Turns back on radger and vows never to post in one of her threads ever again.

postman

Legendary Member
Black pudding,black pudding.(drooling) cold or fried not bad boiled as in Lancashire.

Hate the smell of warm milk.

derall

Guru
mr_cellophane said:

I've never understood the English love of parsnips. It's not that I don't like parsnips - mainly because there's no taste to dislike. Whenever I've had roast parsnips there's no distinct taste of their own, all they taste of is whatever they've been cooked alongside or the oil they've been cooked in. Or maybe that's the point of them?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
derall said:
I've never understood the English love of parsnips. It's not that I don't like parsnips - mainly because there's no taste to dislike. Whenever I've had roast parsnips there's no distinct taste of their own, all they taste of is whatever they've been cooked alongside or the oil they've been cooked in. Or maybe that's the point of them?

Are you French? The French seem to regard them as cattle food. But it's one of the most distinctively-flavoured of all the root vegetables - sweet, nutty, and more fragrant than Mary Archer.

Top Bottom