Food that makes you gag!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Chinese salt sweets will really make you barf. I was given one once and I nibbled it for 3 days on and off before throwing it in the bin. There was a horrible masochistic fascination in tasting it, nothing could taste so ghasty.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
theclaud said:
OK well I'll admit they can be a bit challenging!

They put the gag in gageure.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Pease Pudding. My primary school used to feed this to us every week. It was disgusting and the dinner ladies(concentration camp guards) used to make us eat it all up. I used to go straight to the toilet and puke up. The smell of it brings back those memories and I retch even now, 47 years on.

Wolf04

betty swollocks said:
had to google Andouilettes:

Wish I had! One french pleasure I won't be revisiting.
Can't eat crab or lobster due to allergy.
Can't abide anything containing blackcurrant.
Love all forms of beans
All forms of liver (including the naughty french stuff)
Would rather sober up than drink gin or whisky but like bourbon.

radger

Veteran
Actually, there's another food that makes me gag - the smell rather than anything else, as I've not eaten it in 17 years; but I am not sure if I dare mention it for fear of being chased away from the forum by a bunch of angry cyclists decrying me as a terrible heathen. :tongue:

derall

Guru
I've never come across any food that I don't like. I love offal, especially devilled kidneys. Marzipan is gorgeous - didn't like it as a child, but love it now.

However I've never actually had to face that weird Italian cheese that has the maggots crawling through it. I think that I might have some problems eating that. Might have some problems being in the same room as a slice of it.

Wow! There's no accounting for taste. Marzipan, macaroni cheese, marmite, blue cheese and liver are all delicious. The only thing I find truly gag inducing is tete de veu - calf's muzzle - yuck.

Night Train

Maker of Things
There has been nothing mentioned that I wouldn't enjoy eating except the maggoty cheese. I won't eat anything that is still moving or considered an insect or arachnid (sp). Generally won't eat brains or testicles.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
radger said:
Actually, there's another food that makes me gag - the smell rather than anything else, as I've not eaten it in 17 years; but I am not sure if I dare mention it for fear of being chased away from the forum by a bunch of angry cyclists decrying me as a terrible heathen. :tongue:

Oh you tease! Fess up, what is it?

gbb

Legendary Member
The only thing i ever ate that made me spit it out pronto was french snails in garic...utterly ghastly. I literally spat it out as soon as it touched the inside of my mouth. Vile...vile beyond words.

Tofu...WTF's the point of it...horrible stuff.

Top Bottom