FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Newhaven, Dieppe, Paris 22, 23, 24 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Got a (roughish) ETA for Paris? Late pm? Early evening?

StuartG

slower but further
...............but it'll only be my 15th time..............
Well do a couple for me, a couple for TMN, one for youself. That makes a round 20. And if you're fast you can rejoin me for ride home. I'm planning to hang a right at Gisors and go down the Eure Valley route Saturday, back up to Rouen on Sunday and Dieppe Monday. Company always appreciated.

U

User10571

Thinking of heading along on this but staying this side of the water and heading back Fri morning
Nigel - It's a good ride which lends itself to pootling back along the coastal and catching a train home from Brighters....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nigel - It's a good ride which lends itself to pootling back along the coastal and catching a train home from Brighters....
+1.
Notwithstanding my night out on the Friday I am tempted to come along to Newhaven. After all it was the same when I did this ride the other year....

Cheers User10571 sounds good think my legs will be up for that.

+1.
Notwithstanding my night out on the Friday I am tempted to come along to Newhaven. After all it was the same when I did this ride the other year....

Hope you make it

Recommended. I did this last year and a fine night/day out it was ( route here ) Can't make it this year unfortunately.

Think the coast to Brighton may be just about all I can manage.

CharlieAlison

Eat cake, ride fastish
Hi all, I'm a late joiner to this and need some help!!

I'm intending to go all the way to Paris but may be a bit slow(ish).. ok quite slow, but I def intend to be on the 10am ferry. My sense of direction is questionable at the best of times, so I'd rather not ride alone, just wondered if I anyone would be up for riding together on the French side… Also if anyone is up for a room share (female) in Saint-Saens please let me know..

I called the ferry co and they are happy for people to carry on bikes in bags if fully concealed.. anyone who can recommend a good (light) bag for my v small Cube Axial is welcome to make suggestions!!

Thanks v much!

Charlie

CharlieAlison

Eat cake, ride fastish
Hey TMN, there doesn't seem to be :sad: their website wouldn't let me book with a bike, but would as a foot passenger. I guess I could double check with the ferry people otherwise I am already exploring lightweight bags. Really glad to hear that I won't be left behind - I will try and put some miles in ahead of time!! I have seen a few ok places to stay in SS to so I think it will all be ok..

mmmmartin

Random geezer
@CharlieAlison
Phone the uk end of the ferry company, if they cannot expand the numbers beyond their limit, they should give you an 01 (hence cheap to ring) number that will put you through to the French end of the operation and they can expand the numbers of bikes allowed on the boat. Be ready to make the booking there and then on the phone using a credit card.. This is normal, there is a limit, of 10 I think, for bikes on the ferry but it can be easily expanded. This happened to me on the Dieppe Raid, it is easily fixed and there will be no need for you to mess about with bike-in-bag palaver.

Top Bottom