From todays Irish Times ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You are confusing insurance with liability. If a cyclist causes damage you claim off the cyclist, to show how hysterical you are about the subject you can't even find a single example of a cyclist causing an unrecoverable loss. Big problem, you reckon. Yet you can't find a single verifiable example of it ever happening..
Hysterical? That's a laugh coming from you ^_^

Ajax Bay

Guru
allow cyclists to jump the red
But that's mostly the point: if proceeding by cycle is allowed (whatever lights are showing for motor vehicles) then that's not 'Jumping' and other road users can expect it.

Ajax Bay

Guru
So why did you claim it was dangerous?
I explained the reason that RLJ was dangerous in my post, which it would be poor form to quote (Post #43). But if the law allows "it" it is not RLJ and you've quoted examples of where this seems to work satisfactorily and safely. Are you advocating breaking the lore? (Want to test whether I get a 'toe' correction or not).

Crandoggler

It's sheer idiocy to believe that this would work in the UK. The difference between us and the rest of Europe is that the bicycle is accepted there. Until old men with beards and corduroy's stop harping on about motorists being the Anti Christ, nothing will change. We're English after all.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
You are confusing insurance with liability. If a cyclist causes damage you claim off the cyclist, to show how hysterical you are about the subject you can't even find a single example of a cyclist causing an unrecoverable loss. Big problem, you reckon. Yet you can't find a single verifiable example of it ever happening..

So just because a cyclist does not cause uncover able loss , it is perfectly ok to cause recoverable loss ? ie, a deliberate law breaking RL jumping cyclist mowed down an elderly Asian lady In Putney ,abused the pedestrian and then left the scene. So three laws broken

Jumped Red Light
Caused personal bodily harm ,injury to pedestrian
Left the scene of an accident

witnessed personally ,
its obvious that cyclist cannot do the same amount of damage, but it is still illegal ,dangerous and damaging ,

Ajax Bay

Guru
"lie" "hysterical" and others. Why can't you moderate your language, Glenn? Your sensible points would thus not be undermined by your degeneration into vituperation - and I do worry about your stress levels, though possibly it's just a lack of affability. When's your next ride?

Last edited by a moderator:
So because you think cyclists cause danger you SUPPORT drunk drivers??!!!

See how daft this infantile line of debate is? Argue with what I've said, not your crazy misinterpretations.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's exactly why I broke it down to percentages.

Sixteen per cent of cyclists jump reds and killed zero last year.

Seventy per cent of drivers admit regularly speeding and killed seven hundred.

So drivers break the law more even after allowing for the ratio.
They are not the figures for Ireland though.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Mod note: Some posts have been deleted. Please stick to the topic.
The way to deal with personal insults is to report the post, not to reply in kind.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
So because you think cyclists cause danger you SUPPORT drunk drivers??!!!

See how daft this infantile line of debate is? Argue with what I've said, not your crazy misinterpretations.
So where in my posts was it stated I support drunk drivers ? Misinterpretation ? Of what ?
Your rants ?
Just because there are no stats on RLJ cyclists causing fatalities doesnt mean it will not happen. Cyclists can and have caused death to pedestrians ,

Last edited:
Eating a banana whilst on the phone would be one example.

I would kill to have cycling skills like those!

What, you can't take one hand off the bars while cycling?

zingzillas-banana-phone.jpg

Top Bottom