From todays Irish Times ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I was getting back to my tent rather late one dark night on a German cycle path and slowly catching up with another cyclist who from the smoke trail was obviously smoking. As I got closer I heard a one way conversation, she was on the 'phone as well:ohmy:.
I was mightily impressed^_^.
Did you get her number? She's my type of girl.

Long as she didn't spoil it by wearing a helmet, of course.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
All the offences that the FPN were issued for are illegal actions and if you get caught you pay the price.

The old chestnut of "you should be catching speeding cars" does not work for me. Fortunately, the public do not dictate which offenders the police must persue. Especially, those members of the public who have just been caught for an offence. It happened to me time and time again. It just makes the guy complaining look like a total prat.

Whether you are on a bike or in a car, if you get caught, just pay up. The police are catching speeding cars, burglars and murderers. They are also catching people on bikes. That is the way the job goes.
Steve - I agree, but does anyone? How do the police decide then? Are they not trying to take decisions eg on what offenses have a higher precedence in the priority table in the context of public attitude - at least the CC's (ACPO type) perception thereof.
In Sussex local policing priorities are routinely agreed by local police liaison committees. Said committees routinely prioritise the scourge of pavement cycling whereas when members of the cycling community turn up - been there, got the t-shirt - to urge better policing of motor vehicles we are told, by Cllrs Lardarse, Bent, and Jagdriver, that we do not fulfil the 'community' criteria.

So school kids and little old people get busted for riding through an underpass because the traffic doing 50 in a 30 zone makes it impossible for them to use the overground cycle "route". Feckwits the lot of 'em.

Top Bottom