Votes: 53 70.7%
  • err..... congratulations....?

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • God help you

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Whatever you do, even when you've been married for years, don't not send her a Valentine's card one year, it's not worth the grief.

Whatever you do, even when you've been married for years, don't not send her a Valentine's card one year, it's not worth the grief.
I've never had one since I was single :angry:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
35 years just gone in June of marriage.
My wife and I are best friends, I think that goes a long way and we're both really easy going.
I can count on one hand the amount of times we have argued, unusual, but absolutely true.
All I can say to you is plenty of give and take.
Good luck for the future.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Do your bit around the house, cooking, cleaning, laundry, washing up, gardening, whatever. It takes a while to work out your best housework roles between you but do at least some of it and do it well. Don't do none, that's rude and you're not living in 1970 where you were the only breadwinner. By the same token don't do all of it, you're an equal, not a floor mat. You should have very little to ever argue about if you're pulling your weight.

Congratulations and have a happy life!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
The only think I remember from my 'marriage course': say "sorry" first, even if it's not your fault.

Don’t you think it a fairly prudent plan if in the halcyon early days of a relationship, before they’ve become the good old days of a relationship, one were to periodically say, “I’m sorry,” and, to the reasonable response of the other party, who asks, “For what?” because one has ostensibly done nothing wrong, to say, “For everything,” meaning of course everything that will accrue, as surely as the tides bring barnacles, to convert the early halcyon days into the good old days of the relationship? Do you see any value, I mean to say, in the preemptive-strike apology when times are good before they are bad? Would it delay the accumulation of the barnacles by a second or a minute or two, an hour, a day, a week, a year? Or might it be better to say right in the flush of new-intimate ecstasy, “Look, this is bound to rotten up, probably at my hand, good-bye”?

AndyRM

XOXO
I'd echo the sentiments about not spunking hunners on the wedding, though if that's your thing then go for it. I think we spent about £500 on ours and had a fab day.

Communication and honesty are key elements IME, way more than divisions of labour or the right kind of presents.

And, if things do go a bit wrong, be prepared to take a long, hard look at yourself. I don't want to sound too negative but that's what I'm currently doing and it's not easy.

Congratulations anyway, Internet stranger!

Garry A

Calibrating.....
If any of your parents/families don't get on anymore then run away and get married in Vegas, it will all be easier and cheaper in the end. Your wedding, you and her and fcuk the rest of them.
That's what we did.

Oh and if you're home before her then make sure your doing something in the house such as dishes, cleaning or cooking when she gets in. It's like crack cocaine for wives, they love to see you being useful :okay: (even if you've been sat on your arse all day)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Congratulations from one on his only marriage and celebrated our 25th anniversary in May.

Advice: its a marathon not a sprint. Keep working at being friends. Whatever else the years or ups and downs of marriage can bring, a strong friendship underneath it all will make troubles a lot easier to fight and triumphs a lot more fun to celebrate.

Top Bottom