Votes: 53 70.7%
  • err..... congratulations....?

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • God help you

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Congrats. Compromise, be open, be truthful, cherish your free time before you have kids. Weed out any niggles before they become a big problem, and don't underestimate the use of conversation and communication between you both. You will come up against problems and have arguments. learn from them, don't let them fester and don't sweep things under the carpet, for they may breed under there and give you a nasty rash at a later date.

Have fun, try to have a mutual hobby and try to keep that going. Me and the wife used to cycle together in the early stages which was good fun, but sadly we don't share any common interests anymore, apart from eating.

Don’t you think it a fairly prudent plan if in the halcyon early days of a relationship, before they’ve become the good old days of a relationship, one were to periodically say, “I’m sorry,” and, to the reasonable response of the other party, who asks, “For what?” because one has ostensibly done nothing wrong, to say, “For everything,” meaning of course everything that will accrue, as surely as the tides bring barnacles, to convert the early halcyon days into the good old days of the relationship? Do you see any value, I mean to say, in the preemptive-strike apology when times are good before they are bad? Would it delay the accumulation of the barnacles by a second or a minute or two, an hour, a day, a week, a year? Or might it be better to say right in the flush of new-intimate ecstasy, “Look, this is bound to rotten up, probably at my hand, good-bye”?
This book sounds intriguing, is it?

BikeGirlKent

Awww Congratulations, Guess my advice is to support each other, really take an interest in what each other is passionate about and play!! In every sense of the way that can be taken!!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Ignore all the advice you're given - especially the advice about how men and women are different and the advice that implies you shouldn't trust each other. Make your own way in the world in love, mutual respect and friendship. You are two unique individuals, and its your individual uniqueness that has attracted you to each other, not the boring things that you each share with millions of others.
This.

Don't follow convention but don't strive to ignore it either. Just live your own life and let the chips fall where they fall, don't label it.

screenman

Legendary Member
Congratulations, marriage can be a fantastic life experience. The one piece of advice I would give is do not spend more than you earn each month.

Money problems are big problems and kills off many a relationship.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Marriage is a business as much as a relationship. You've got to make sure that together you can cope with all that life throws up once the initial thrill wears off, which it will.

pawl

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4442693, member: 45"]When we got married (20 years ago next month) we popped in to see my grandad between the wedding and the reception, as he was too ill to come along. "Never let the sun go down on an argument" was what he said. He was spot on, but I only wish that we heeded it more often.[/QUOTE]

Move to the land of the midnight sun.You can argue as long as you like.

postman

Legendary Member
I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; and then it was too late."I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was Always.Get married early in the morning. That way, if it doesn't work out, you haven't wasted a whole day.These are jokes and not a reflection of my 26 years of married life.My wife took a chance on a second hand,worn out tall boy.And turned it in to a fitted wardrobe.
Congrats to you both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom